ARSENAL TRANSFER NEWS LIVE UPDATES: Get all the latest from the Emirates here…
Thursday August 24
Arsenal update
21:35: Sky Sports reporter Dharmesh Sheth has given an Arsenal transfer update.
“Lucas Perez, it’s hoped a deal can be agreed with Deportivo La Coruna before the end of the window,” Sheth said.
“Remember Perez joined from Deportivo almost exactly a year ago for £17m.”
“Now as for arrivals at Arsenal the one they’ve been interested in all summer was the Monaco winger Thomas Lemar. Not anymore according to Arsene Wenger.”
Van Dijk odds
19:53: Bookies are taking bets on Arsenal to sign Virgil van Dijk before the transfer window shuts following claims the Gunners met with his agent.
Bet Victor have the best price for Arsene Wenger to sign Van Dijk for Arsenal at 16/1.
Mustafi to stay
16:55: Arsene Wenger is not expecting any offers for Arsenal defender Shkodran Mustafi, who has been linked with a move to Inter Milan this summer.
“No I do not expect (any offers for Mustafi),” Wenger said. “It is difficult for me to speak about any individual cases.
“Because we are now in the final seven days of the transfer market and it is always very difficult to predict what will happen there.
“And you have to make quick and sharp decisions and you cannot plan that and come out in a press conference with how you will respond to any solicitation.”
Wilshere to Aston Villa
16:06: Steve Bruce wants Aston Villa to sign Arsenal midfielder Jack Wilshere.
Bruce is keen to recruit more players before next Thursday’s transfer deadline.
He said: “The Jack Wilshere one – hey, who wouldn’t want Jack Wilshere?
“But I don’t know whether we’re capable of landing him and let’s not forget he’s only 25.”
Ox must stay – Wenger
14:00: Liverpool and Chelsea have suffered a KO blow in their pursuit of Arsenal star Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain.
Premier League champions Chelsea are believed to be the front-runners in the battle for his services, and will reportedly submit a £35million offer later this week.
But Arsene Wenger has reiterated his desire to keep Oxlade-Chamberlain at the Emirates.
Asked whether Oxlade-Chamberlain has told him he wants to stay at the Emirates, Wenger said: “I want him to stay and be one of the big players of the future of this club.
“He is one of the players this team has to be built around in the future. Personally I want him to commit to the club and to be one of the carrier of the values of our team.
“I want to keep my best players. I only have one target: to keep everybody on board. I think we invested a lot of time, confidence and money on players like Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, who we bought at a young age.
“For me, they have a responsibility for the future of this club because Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain will be one of the big English players in the coming years. I personally am highly determined to keep him here at the club and I hope he will commit.”
Done Deal: Hull sign Arsenal’s Toral
13:10: Hull have completed the signing of Arsenal midfielder Jon Toral.
The 22-year-old playmaker has signed a three-year contract with the Tigers for an undisclosed fee.
Speaking after signing for the Tigers, Toral said: “This is a massive move for me, the biggest so far in my career, and I can’t wait to get started.
“I’m really happy to be here. I have experienced playing in the Championship before and it is a league that I enjoyed playing in. I want to use that experience now and to help this team achieve its aims.”
GETTY
Arsenal Transfer News: The Gunners are believed to have spoken with Virgil van Dijk
Wenger: We’re not done yet!
12:30: Arsenal are NOT finished in the transfer window.
That’s according to Arsene Wenger, who revealed incomings and outgoings were still possible as we enter the final stages of the transfer window.
Asked whether he was still looking for players, Wenger responded: “Yes, both (ins and outs) can happen in the last seven days.
“I am completely happy with the strength of the squad. I have said already we have too many players. Some players have no chance to play.
“If you have too many players of confirmed status you are in a difficult position to give a chance to young players.”
‘Van Dijk in talks with Arsenal’ claim
12.09: Arsenal have met Virgil van Dijk to discuss a switch to the Emirates, it’s been claimed today.
James Dodd, a journalist from Fox Sports News, says conversations have been held between Arsenal, Van Dijk and his representatives over a possible move.
Dodd, who follows Arsenal, tweeted: “#AFC have met with Van Dijk & his reps but I’m fairly sure all the big PL clubs have. I guess Saints would rather sell to us than Liverpool.”
The news will be a hammer blow to Liverpool who have been chasing the Dutchman all summer.
Wenger: I’m not sure Barca want Coutinho
11:30: Arsene Wenger isn’t sure whether Barcelona want Philippe Coutinho.
The Arsenal boss was asked about Coutinho’s situation today with Barca having had three bids rejected by Liverpool.
Coutinho has handed in a transfer request, which Liverpool have knocked back, and his future remains up in the air with seven days left until the end of the transfer window.
But Wenger said: “I don’t know where he stands with Liverpool or they stand with him.
“I’m not even sure Barcelona are in for him, I don’t know.”
Wenger: Lemar deal dead
10:45: Arsene Wenger admits Arsenal’s bid to sign Thomas Lemar is over.
Lemar was Arsenal’s top summer target following the arrival of Alexandre Lacazette.
Arsenal made three bids for Lemar but wouldn’t go as high as Monaco’s £50m asking price.
And now Wenger admits the deal is dead due to Monaco’s position.
“It’s dead because Monaco has closed the door definitely,” he said.
“They’re still on cases like Mbappe and Fabinho.”
Wright: Wilshere’s “not in a good place”
10:00: Arsenal midfielder Jack Wilshere is “not in a good place,” according to Ian Wright.
The 25-year-old was sent off during Arsenal’s Under-23 win over Manchester City on Monday, and challenged a reporter about an article.
And Wright is worried about the midfielder.
He told Sky Sports: “For me, he doesn’t show that he’s in a good place to retaliate like he did. It’s worrying times for him – I do feel for him.
“I know he’s been injured and the guy’s caught him a bit late, but you’ve got to be bigger than that, he’s got to get on with that and show that he’s in a different place.
“I remember when I played in the reserves at that stage of my career, I was getting towards the end, kids were kicking you, you were having banter back with them.”
Sanchez available for Liverpool clash
09:00: Alexis Sanchez could feature against Liverpool on Sunday, according to Arsene Wenger.
The Chilean international has missed Arsenal’s opening two fixtures with Leicester and Stoke, but Wenger insists the contract rebel is available for selection.
He told reporters: “Sanchez has worked very hard to be back and he is available.
“We have to make that decision. Overall he looks in a good shape, he has worked very hard. I don’t think he is too much disturbed by all the noises. Players at that level are used to it.
“He is very focused. He is happy. We just want to focus as a team and not look too much at the individual contracts of the team.”
Campbell: No more loan deals
08:30: Arsenal outcast Joel Campbell insists he WON’T accept another loan deal away from the Emirates.
The Costa Rica striker joined Arsenal in 2011, and subsequently spent spells with five different European clubs.
But, according to the Guardian, Campbell has told officials within the club that won’t agree to another temporary move.
The 25-year-old has started training at Arsenal’s London Colney base after a serious knee injury, but he could find himself seeing very little first-team action unless he’s sold on a permanent basis.
Chelsea make Ox bid
07.10: Chelsea have made a bid for Arsenal ace Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain.
The winger is set to hold talks with Arsene Wenger today over his future.
Oxlade-Chamberlain, 24, has one year left on his contract and is wanted by Chelsea and Liverpool.
And the Blues want three English players for a combined total of £100m, according to the Telegraph.
Chelsea have offered £35m for Oxlade-Chamberlain and are also hoping to sign Ross Barkley and Danny Drinkwater before deadline day.
GETTY
Arsenal Transfer News: Arsene Wenger says any deal for Thomas Lemar is dead
Carabao Cup
05:30: Away from transfer news, Arsenal will face Doncaster in the Carabao Cup.
Alexis Sanchez development
05:00: Manchester City are ready to go down to the wire to sign Alexis Sanchez, reports claim.
Pep Guardiola is eager to bolster his attacking resources before the window closes next week.
And according to The Times, City will launch a bid soon.
The report adds Guardiola is hopeful of completing a deal before deadline day.
Oxlade-Chamberlain interest
02:45: Arsenal will have to fend off Chelsea, who have intensified their interest in Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain and are ready to up their offer to £35million for the star, reports claim.
Chelsea have already had a £30m offer for the winger rejected, with Antonio Conte keen to make more additions before the transfer window closes next week.
The west London outfit have already made four acquisitions in Alvaro Morata, Tiemoue Bakayoko, Willy Caballero and Antonio Rudiger, but Conte has been frustrated at missing out on several key targets.
Arsene Wenger has already made it clear he doesn’t want to sell Oxlade-Chamberlain.
And now according to the Daily Mirror, the Blues have upped their bid to £35m for the winger.
The report says the Blues expect him to engineer an exit and Conte believes he will be at Stamford Bridge before deadline day.
Carabao Cup draw
22:45: Away from transfer news, the Carabao Cup third-round draw takes place tomorrow morning and Express Sport is on hand to bring you up to date on all you need to know.
Carabao Cup Draw: How can I watch it? When is the draw? Why is it in China?
Ox meeting
22:34: Sky Sport say Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain will have a meeting with Arsene Wenger and Ivan Gazidis over his future tomorrow.
“Arsenal’s stance has not changed over Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain,” reporter Aidan Magee said on Sky Sports’ transfer centre.
“Arsene Wenger still hopes he will sign a new contract. Our latest information is that Oxlade-Chamberlain is due to meet the club for talks tomorrow.
“The manager Wenger and chief executive Ivan Gazidis are expected to attend.”
Gibbs latest
20:43: Arsenal defender Kieran Gibbs is closing in on a move to Galatasaray, according to reports.
Gibbs, 27, has failed to feature for Arsenal so far this season and only made 11 Premier League appearances last term.
Arsene Wenger is keen to get a host of players off his books this summer and Gibbs appears to be surplus to requirements at the Emirates.
The England international has been heavily linked with a move away from Arsenal as a result, with Newcastle and West Brom expressing an interest in him.
However, Turkish outlet Fanatik claim Galatasaray are on the verge of securing his signature.
Wednesday August 23
Ozil-to-nowhere
23:45: Mesut OZil may decide to sign a new contract at Arsenal due to lack of offers elsewhere.
John Cross told the Mirror Football Podcast: ”[Arsenal] want to give him [Ozil] a new contract, without doubt.
“Let’s be honest here: Mesut Ozil hasn’t had a raft of offers like some of other guys, like Alexis Sanchez and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, have had. It’s changed.
“At some point, Mesut Ozil might turn around and say, ‘You know what? I could leave on a free [next summer] and maybe get a really good package as a free transfer… or I could stay here, where I’m being offered £300,000 a week.”
Wilshere will not join Aston Villa
17:38: Birmingham City manager Harry Redknapp has laughed off Aston Villa’s hopes of signing Arsenal midfielder Jack Wilshere.
“People are trying get Jack Wilshere obviously,” the Birmingham boss told ITV Racing.
“I would love him but he won’t come to the Championship.
“Aston Villa are supposed to be interested but he won’t come to the Championship.”
Everton to hijack Perez swoop
16:15: Everton could scupper Deportivo La Coruna’s transfer plans with a late offer for Arsenal’s Lucas Perez, according to reports.
Lucas Perez has made it clear he wishes to leave Arsenal this summer and has been linked with a host of clubs.
His former side Deportivo La Coruna are thought to be leading the race to sign the 28-year-old.
The London Evening Standard claim they are hopeful of completing a £14million deal for the winger this week.
However, the report says Everton could scupper the Spanish side’s plans with a late bid.
GETTY
Arsenal Transfer News: Everton are planning to hijack a deal for Lucas Perez
Jean Michael Seri deal OFF
15:00: Barcelona’s move for Jean Michael Seri has collapsed after they failed to reach an agreement with Nice over the fee.
Barcelona had agreed the move with the midfielder, who’s been linked with Arsenal, but couldn’t advance the talks with the French side, according to Marca.
Seri had been one of Ernesto Valverde’s top targets as he looks to improve his side before the deadline shuts.
Mustafi set for exit?
14.00: Arsenal’s players are expecting Shkodran Mustafi to be sold amid interest from Inter Milan, according to reports.
Shkodran Mustafi has been linked with a move to Inter Milan as Arsene Wenger continues to thin out his squad.
The Arsenal boss claimed last week his team was ‘unmanageable’ and has since offloaded a number of defenders, including Gabriel to Valencia.
And according to The Mirror, fellow centre-half Mustafi will be the next to go with a number of the Gunners’ squad expecting him to be sold.
Inter have reportedly made a loan offer for the Germany international, however Arsenal will insist on the deal being permanent.
Winterburn defends Mustafi
13:00: Nigel Winterburn has defended Shkodran Mustafi amid reports Inter Milan have made a £20million bid for the defender.
He told Sky Sports: “I don’t think he’s gone backwards.
“Mustafi is still finding out about the Premier League. I would say when a player comes to a club, you almost need to give them a year to settle in.
“You obviously want them to come in and hit the ground running but you’re going to have little periods it doesn’t go right for them.
“Arsenal have switched to a back three and in the last game Mustafi played on the right side of it.
“You get pulled out into the right full-back role and I think he’s uncomfortable out there.
“He dives in quite a lot and what Arsenal need to work on is he needs to hold his ground.
“He’s not lightning quick so you when you get pulled into the wide areas, he’s going to have to learn to stand up and delay the opponent so he can get players around him.”
GETTY
Shkodran Mustafi is wanted by Inter Milan
Gilberto’s Alexis Sanchez plea
12:30: Former Arsenal midfielder Gilberto Silva has pleaded with Alexis Sanchez to stay at Arsenal.
“I hope Sanchez stays because it would be hard for the club to lose such a great player, after all that he’s done in the last few years,” Gilberto told 888Sport.
“Arsenal gave Sanchez an opportunity, but of course on his side he has contributed a lot with his goals and ability.
“I hope that it ends well for both sides and that we keep hold of him, and it would also be a good decision for him because Arsenal are one of the biggest clubs in the world.
“Maybe he is considering things that we don’t know about, things from his point of view that he’s dealing with on a daily basis.”
Toral to Hull
12:00: Jon Toral is set to join Hull in a £3million deal imminently.
The 22-year-old is surplus to requirements after failing to break into the first-team.
The Hull Daily Mail say Toral’s arrival could be announced today which would make him their seventh signing of the summer.