Erdogan says Saudi officials must prove Khashoggi left consulate

Breaking News Emails

Get breaking news alerts and special reports. The news and stories that matter, delivered weekday mornings.

BUDAPEST β€” Saudi Arabian officials must prove that journalist Jamal Khashoggi, who has been missing since last week, had left the Istanbul consulate, Turkish President Tayyip Erdogan said on Monday.

“We have to get an outcome from this investigation as soon as possible. The consulate officials cannot save themselves by simply saying ‘he has left’,” Erdogan told a news conference in Budapest.

Turkish officials told Reuters over the weekend that they believed Khashoggi had been killed inside the Saudi consulate in Istanbul.

Erdogan, who said he was personally following the case, added that Turkey had no documents or evidence at hand regarding the case.


πŸ• Top News in the Last Hour By Importance Score

# Title πŸ“Š i-Score
1 This is the REAL cause of the explosion of autism and depression: Top psychiatrist DR ALISTAIR SANTHOUSE delivers his damning verdict… and reveals the only answer 🟒 85 / 100
2 Canadian police arrest suspect who barricaded himself inside Parliament amid hours-long lockdown πŸ”΄ 72 / 100
3 UK foreign secretary criticises Israel for denying two Labour MPs entry πŸ”΄ 72 / 100
4 Inside Elon's downfall as Trump's right-hand… and the meeting that caused the president to blow a fuse πŸ”΄ 65 / 100
5 Manhunt in Germany after three bodies found πŸ”΄ 65 / 100
6 GitHub Copilot introduces new limits, charges for β€˜premium’ AI models πŸ”΄ 65 / 100
7 Filthy bathroom unrecognisable after cleaner spends 11 days on hoarder's home πŸ”΅ 55 / 100
8 Brian May resents 'terrible pressure' of financial hardship despite Queen success πŸ”΅ 55 / 100
9 I tried a new electric Mercedes and don't want to sit in the driver's seat ever again πŸ”΅ 45 / 100
10 After β€œThe White Lotus,” Lorazepam Lives On in Memes and Merch πŸ”΅ 45 / 100

View More Top News ➑️