Mathew Knowles Reacts to Kanye West’s Social Media Comments Targeting Beyoncé and Jay-Z’s Children
Mathew Knowles, father of Beyoncé, has addressed Kanye West’s recent online remarks concerning Beyoncé and Jay-Z’s children.
West’s Controversial Social Media Post
Earlier this week, Kanye West, also known as Ye, posted a controversial statement on X (formerly Twitter) questioning the cognitive abilities of Beyoncé and Jay-Z’s 7-year-old twins, Rumi and Sir. In the same post, he made unfounded claims about the children being conceived through in vitro fertilization (IVF).
Knowles Believes West Will Face Consequences
Knowles, who previously managed Beyoncé in the early stages of her career, expressed his belief that West, 47, will eventually face repercussions for his actions.
“People face consequences for foolish behavior, especially within the music industry,” Knowles told TMZ on Friday.
Referencing West’s increasingly erratic behavior, Knowles added, “I hope Kanye receives the mental health support he needs.”
Tina Knowles’ Cryptic Social Media Response
Knowles’ comments follow a video shared by his former wife, Tina Knowles, on Instagram Wednesday. Many interpreted the video as a veiled response to Ye’s offensive posts.
“What happens when a snowman throws a tantrum? He has a meltdown,” Tina, 71, jokingly said.
She captioned her post, “Corny joke, time!”
In a portion of the post that has since been removed, she wrote, “It’s challenging to remain positive and elegant when confronted with ignorance and malice. However, I am confident that no weapon formed against me or my family will succeed. This is not my battle, but the Lord’s. I trust that God is in control.”
West’s History of Controversial Actions
Ye is known for public controversies and has recently faced heightened scrutiny for various incidents, including selling Swastika T-shirts, making antisemitic remarks, and accusing his former wife, Kim Kardashian, of involvement in a sex-trafficking ring.
West’s Conflicting Statements Regarding Social Media Post
Although West initially deleted his post about Jay-Z and Beyoncé’s children on X, he later reposted it, stating that the deletion was not an act of goodwill.
“I need everyone to know that I took the post about Jay-Z and Beyoncé’s family down … because there was a possibility of my Twitter being cancelled [sic],” he wrote on Wednesday.
West Expresses Conflicting Sentiments Towards Jay-Z and Beyoncé
Following further antisemitic comments on X, Ye shifted his focus back to Jay-Z, 55, and Beyoncé, 43.
In a seemingly contradictory statement, the Yeezy founder wrote, “I LOVE JAY Z AND I DO FEEL BAD,” appearing to backtrack on his previous attacks. He continued, “I ALWAYS FELT LIKE THE BLACK SHEEP LIKE I WANTED FAMILY IN THIS MUSIC S[—]T[.]”
He added, “I’D RUN ON STAGES THINKING I WAS DOING THE RIGHT THING AND WOULD ALWAYS BE A SLIGHT HOV NOT COMING TO MY FIRST WEDDING,” possibly referencing his interruption of Taylor Swift at the 2009 VMAs and Jay-Z’s absence from his wedding to Kardashian.
Continuing his commentary about Jay-Z, Kanye posted about feeling slighted by Jay-Z’s professional decisions, “HIM PUTTING KENDRICK ON THE SUPERBOWL OVER ME OR EVEN US NEVER BEING INVITED TO S[—]T TAKING [sic] JABS ABOUT MY RED HAT ON DONDA.”
Jay-Z’s company, Roc Nation, partnered with the NFL in 2019 to produce Super Bowl halftime shows, and he chose Kendrick Lamar for the 2025 performance. Jay-Z has also publicly criticized Kanye’s support for Donald Trump and his association with the “Make America Great Again” hat.
West’s Accusations and Frustration
“I FELT LIKE BOTH HIM AND HIS WIFE COULD HAVE HELPED ME HAVE MORE LEVERAGE WITH MY KIDS,” Ye continued. “THEY COULD HAVE USED THEIR CULTURAL POSITION TO NOT JUST WATCH THE KARDASHIANS RUN ME OVER.”
“S[—]T HURTS SO F[—]K BOTH OF THEM CAUSE WHEN I NEEDED THEM IT WAS F[—]K ME,” he concluded, expressing feelings of abandonment.