Defender De Ligt has been strongly with a move away from the Eredivisie having featured in all but one of Ajax’s league matches this season.
De Ligt won the Golden Boy award for the most promising player under 21 in Europe last month and has long been tipped for a move to Barcelona.
The Nou Camp outfit are reportedly looking to strengthen their backline with Gerard Pique and Thomas Vermaelen regularly struggling with injuries.
Manchester United are also on the hunt for a new defender as they look to strengthen their squad.
But De Ligt has revealed he will not be leaving Ajax this month.
“A move will not be happening this transfer window,” De Ligt told NOS.
“Ajax fans will not have to worry about that.”
Manchester United wanted Tottenham star Toby Alderweireld in the summer but could not complete a deal.
The Red Devils have been boosted in their hunt for the Belgian ace with Spurs activating an automatic one-year extension in Alderweireld’s contract.
By doing so, the centre-back is now available to sign for £25million.
De Ligt is likely to stay on United’s radar even if they secure Alderweireld.
And the 19-year-old has been told to move to Old Trafford by an Ajax legend.
“I think Manchester United is perfect for De Ligt,” John van Loen recently said.
“I hope De Ligt rejects Juventus’ offer – Italian football does not suit him and the Premier League is much better and stronger.”
United are likely to come up against Alderweireld on Sunday.
The Red Devils make the trip to Wembley to face Tottenham as they look to extend a five-game winning streak (4.30pm).