Erdogan says Saudi officials must prove Khashoggi left consulate

Breaking News Emails

Get breaking news alerts and special reports. The news and stories that matter, delivered weekday mornings.

BUDAPEST β€” Saudi Arabian officials must prove that journalist Jamal Khashoggi, who has been missing since last week, had left the Istanbul consulate, Turkish President Tayyip Erdogan said on Monday.

“We have to get an outcome from this investigation as soon as possible. The consulate officials cannot save themselves by simply saying ‘he has left’,” Erdogan told a news conference in Budapest.

Turkish officials told Reuters over the weekend that they believed Khashoggi had been killed inside the Saudi consulate in Istanbul.

Erdogan, who said he was personally following the case, added that Turkey had no documents or evidence at hand regarding the case.


πŸ• Top News in the Last Hour By Importance Score

# Title πŸ“Š i-Score
1 Red Crescent video challenges Israeli account of aid workers' deaths πŸ”΄ 75 / 100
2 Senate schedules confirmation hearing for Isaacman’s nomination to lead NASA πŸ”΄ 70 / 100
3 Red Bull risk losing Max Verstappen after show of force at Suzuka πŸ”΄ 65 / 100
4 Beloved TV personality files for divorce from husband after 25 years of marriage πŸ”΅ 45 / 100
5 Archaeologists discover creepy 2,400-year-old 'puppets' inside ancient pyramid πŸ”΅ 45 / 100
6 Rodeo Star Dylan Grant Dead at 24 After Being Thrown Off Bull πŸ”΅ 45 / 100
7 Why Are Kids Obsessed With the Titanic? πŸ”΅ 45 / 100
8 Hidden gem Greek island with beautiful beaches and glittering seas has new UK flight route πŸ”΅ 45 / 100
9 Pizza chain with 100 restaurants in UK that fans says is 'better than Domino's' πŸ”΅ 35 / 100
10 Britain's Got Talent 2025 live: New hopefuls audition for the golden buzzer πŸ”΅ 35 / 100

View More Top News ➑️