How well do you know your partner?
Portland-based therapist Jeff Guenther shared a video on TikTok titled “15 small but very significant things you should know about your partner six months into a relationship,” which amassed over 4 million views.
The list of things to know ranges from your partner’s favorite food to their most controversial take.
Guenther has been a practicing therapist for over 15 years focusing on “how people can feel more confident and worthy in a relationship.”
He told Insider the list of questions “might seem silly or unimportant on their own, but when put together can give you an intimate picture of who the person really is.”
“You most likely won’t be able to answer all the questions, so it’s also a fun little exercise that creates more closeness if you go through the list with your sweetie,” he said.
- How do they want to celebrate their birthday?
- How much alone time, if any, do they need?
- What’s their favorite food?
- What turns them on and gets them in the mood?
- How long do they need to get ready and head out the door?
- What’s their favorite TV show, movie, and band?
- What’s their most controversial take?
- Who’s their best friend, and why?
- What family member triggers them the most?
- What will instantly make them laugh?
- What’s their biggest insecurity?
- What’s the best way to support them when they’re stressed or upset?
- What do they ultimately want from this relationship?
- What do they allow themselves to splurge on financially?
- What’s their biggest guilty pleasure?
The video quickly gathered 4.1 million views and 613,800 likes with TikTokers adding their own suggestions for important things to know.
“Which way do they hang their toilet paper,” Clarisse Michelle joked.
“The temperature they like the thermostat in the house,” Mars Wolf Locs suggested.
But others listed serious suggestions for good questions to ask or answer about your partner to better your relationship.
“How they process anger. I want to be LEFT ALONE to process & ONLY THEN talk. Don’t force me to open up when I don’t yet know what I’m feeling” UEA commented.
“How do they like to express love and how do they want to receive it,” Naz Soogund posed.
“How do they feel cared for,” tabularasa444 asked.
Other viewers joked that they can’t even answer the questions for themselves.
“I don’t even know these things about myself. SOS,” Christine Ann teased.