Amazon MMORPG New World is about to receive a brand new content update on PC.
New World’s ‘Into the Void’ update has a November 18 release date and a 5pm GMT launch time.
The new patch adds a whole host of new content, including the Void Gauntlet weapon, a new enemy type and a boost to movement speed.
Unfortunately, however, the release of the ‘Into the Void’ update will be preceded by a period of server downtime.
New World servers will be taken offline for maintenance at 1pm GMT, and are scheduled to return four hours later at 5pm GMT.
Server maintenance times often change on the fly, so don’t be surprised if New World comes back online a little earlier.
According to the New World ‘Into the Void’ patch notes, the headline new feature is the addition of the Void Gauntlet weapon.
Described as a “magical damage/support hybrid weapon”, the Void Gauntlet gives players the chance to manipulate void energy.
Amazon has also detailed the new Varangian Knight enemies, which can be found in south-east Aeternum.
“Their goal is to secure magical weapons that will help their lord in his conquests,” Amazon explains. “The Varangians are fiercely competitive and will vie with one another to curry favour with Lord Commander Attalus.”
New World Into the Void update patch notes…
• Added starter zone visual variety and improvements.
• Updated visuals have been added to the starting areas.
• Corruption and Withered visuals have been amplified in farms and points of interest (POIs).
• Ezra’s Forge has been updated and moved from Amrine temple to southwest Windsward.
• Run Faster on Roads! While running on roads you will now receive a movement bonus:
• Movement speed bonus of 10% while travelling on roads.
• The move speed bonus will not trigger unless the player has been running for 3 seconds and they are on a road.
• The movement bonus will be cancelled if a player engages in combat in any way such as dodging, blocking, attacking, or being hit with a debuff.
• The move speed bonus is not active while player is actively engaged in wars, outpost rush, or duels.
• Added a +10% Luck bonus and a +30% Gathering Luck bonus to players flagged for PvP.
Notable bug fixes:
• Fixed issues with various AI stuck in cliffs or boulders.
• Fixed issues with Boss gating and triggering in Expeditions, where some doors would show as closed but would be open instead.
• Fixed several issues in Expeditions that allowed players to attack enemies without getting hit or heal teammates without being in an encounter.
• Various enemy vitals, names, and versions have been updated/fixed.
• Fixed various issues with missing or incorrect world collision and navigation mesh.
• New PvP Faction Missions added:
• Control Points – Seize control of a Fort.
• Intercept – Defeat enemy faction members and collect their tears.
• War Camp Loot – Retrieve hidden plans at the enemy’s war camp.
• We’ve updated several quests in the Main Storyline to improve the player experience with more compelling dynamics including wave encounters, destructible objects, and proximity tracking nodes.
• As a result of these changes, players may find their progress reset for some Main Storyline quests.
• The quests “Old Stone Remembers” and “New Initiate, Old Order” have undergone more extensive restructuring, and players who were on these quests will need to return to Yonas in Fisherman’s Bend to re-accept the quests.
• Updated the location of one of the Survivalist “Wolf Den” quests in First Light to reduce amount of travel.
– The encounter design has also been updated to a wave event in all three starter zones.
Notable bug fixes:
• Starting zone faction missions have been updated so early players will not be given missions to hunt sheep.
• Faction Rank 2 Quests are now offered at level 20 but are still recommended for level 25+ players.
• “Return to Innkeep” quests now reward the proper amount of Azoth.
• Map pins were updated for hunt missions in Elder’s Gate to be more accurate.
• Two elite faction assassination missions in Brightwood target elite enemies that only spawn at night. We’ve updated the quest text to specify this requirement.
• Various text fixes for typos, moving of quest locations, and reinforcement of story.
• Revised naming conventions for town projects to better distinguish them from Faction Missions.
• Fixed Expedition loot PvE faction mission within the Garden of Genesis.
• Fixed a mismatch in the text requirement and actual requirements for the “To be a Grandmaster” fishing quest.
• Fixed an issue with PvP Spy missions not being completed in non-settled zones.
• Added voice over (VO) fixes for multiple NPCs.
• Fixed various issues causing NPCs to not complete their animations.
• Fixed various issues causing incorrect loot tags to display.
Notable bug fixes:
• Fixed an issue causing certain AI to spawn more frequently than intended.
• Fixed various issues that could occur when interacting with the journal entries scattered across the world.
• Fixed an issue with Town Projects board failing to refresh.
• PvP Experience bonus will no longer apply when in an Expedition.