‘I’m coming to even the score’: Dillian Whyte vows to knockout Alexander Povetkin as their rematch is confirmed for November 21 – which will come just 91 DAYS after the Brit was brutally stopped in the first fight

  • Dillian Whyte has a chance to exact revenge when he faces Alexander Povetkin
  • Brixton heavyweight will take on the man who knocked him out on November 21
  • Whyte has promised to knock out Povetkin and ‘even the score’ in their rematch 

Dillian Whyte has vowed to ‘even the score’ by knocking out Alexander Povetkin in their rematch, which has now been confirmed for November 21. 

The Brit was knocked out cold by Povetkin in a shock defeat last month and subsequently surrendered his place as the No 1 mandatory challenger to Tyson Fury’s WBC world title.

But the Brixton heavyweight has been given an immediate shot at redemption – which will come just 91 days after his brutal knockout defeat against the Russian.

Dillian Whyte's rematch with Alexander Povetkin has been confirmed for November 21

Dillian Whyte’s rematch with Alexander Povetkin has been confirmed for November 21

Whyte was brutally knocked out by Povetkin in the fifth round of their fight only last month

Whyte was brutally knocked out by Povetkin in the fifth round of their fight only last month

Speaking after the fight was announced, Whyte said: ‘I’m over the moon to have the rematch. As soon as I got out of the ring, I was looking for confirmation that the fight would be on. I can’t wait to get back in the ring and get back what is rightfully mine.

‘I’m looking to do what I said I would the first time and that’s beat Alexander Povetkin. 

‘There won’t be any major adjustments, but I just need to be more switched on and not get distracted. He was able to use his experience against me. 

‘I will be a lot more focused and sharper in the rematch. I’m coming to win and knock him out. I’m coming to even the score and the only way to do that is by knocking him out.’

Whyte has vowed to exact revenge and even the score by knocking out Povetkin in the rematch

Whyte has vowed to exact revenge and even the score by knocking out Povetkin in the rematch

Eddie Hearn is considering staging the fight at Royal Albert Hall or Wembley Arena

Eddie Hearn is considering staging the fight at Royal Albert Hall or Wembley Arena

Povetkin, who had been floored twice by Whyte before his perfectly-timed uppercut ended their first fight in the fifth round, added: ‘I’ve rested well, spent time with my family, and now that the date of the rematch is known, I will soon return to my training camp and prepare as thoroughly as I did for the first fight. 

‘As I said before the first fight and after it too, Dillian Whyte is a good, strong boxer. I will be ready to enter the ring on November 21. I hope it will be another beautiful fight for the fans.’  

The rematch against Povetkin will be the most important fight of Whyte’s career with his world title ambitions hinged on the outcome. 

Matchroom boss Eddie Hearn has revealed that the Royal Albert Hall and Wembley Arena are two venues being considered to stage the fight, though the decision will depend on whether or not fans will be able to attend. 

source: dailymail.co.uk

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here