Hit series Strictly Come Dancing will be airing this Saturday (November 2) on BBC One at 7pm. There will be a total of 10 couples remaining in the competition and hoping to battle it out for a place in next week’s show. As always, there will be a results show on Sunday, November 3 on BBC One at 7.15pm which will see one pair waltzing away from the contest for good.
The results show will see things kicking off with a group dance inspired Sir Elton John.
There will also be an appearance from singer-songwriter Emeli Sandé, who will be performing her new single Shine.
There was much controversy this week after former Coronation Street star Catherine Tyldesley and her professional partner Johannes Radebe were given marching orders by the judging panel.
Once again, BBC Breakfast news reporter Mike Bushell and his partner Katya Jones were saved from elimination.
READ MORE: Strictly Come Dancing partners 2019: Who are the Strictly couples?
The judges are in a deadlock with Shirley Ballas and Craig Revel Horwood choosing Bushell, while Motsi Mabuse and Bruno Tonioli plumped for Tyldesley.
In the end, head judge Ballas had the deciding vote, telling the two couples: “Well, I thought both couples really stepped it up a notch and this is always the most difficult decision for me.
“But based on a good focus, difficult content, with some really beautiful footwork in there with stronger technical skills for me – cleaner and polished. I’m going to save Mike and Katya.”
Speaking about departing from the show, the actress said of her partner: “He’s like my best friend. He’s just… just the opportunity to work with amazing people and get critiqued off amazing people.
READ MORE: Karim Zeroual: Does Karim have previous dancing experience?
“I never thought I’d say this – I’m going to keep it [dancing] up, because I fell in love with it! I’ve loved every second, this man [Johannes] has changed my life!”
While Rabde added: “The beautiful thing is that I need to thank Strictly Come Dancing for the opportunity.
“Most of all, I want to say thank you to this woman [Catherine]. She has been a light for me.
“Thank you for accepting me for who I am and for showing me joy every day. Thank you!”
READ MORE: Kelvin Fletcher: What dance experience does Kelvin Fletcher have?
Ballas has since been forced to explain her decision, telling The Sun at the Pride of Britain Awards this week: “Every time someone goes out, someone gets upset.
“I have one question – why was Catherine in the bottom two?”
The dancing legend went on to say: “I stand by my decision. Why was she there in the bottom two? You can’t complain if it ends up like that.
“It’s about what they do there and then. I know I absolutely made the right decision.”
She added: “Every week we could have the same conversation.”
Here are the songs and dances for Week Seven:
- Alex and Neil: American Smooth to Ain’t No Mountain High Enough by Marvin Gaye and Tammi Terrell
- Emma and Anton: Rumba to Woman In Love by Barbra Streisand
- Emma and Aljaž: Samba to I Don’t Care by Ed Sheeran and Justin Bieber
- Michelle and Giovanni: Paso Doble to Another One Bites the Dust by Queen
- Saffron and AJ: Salsa to Instruction by Jax Jones featuring Demi Lovato and Stefflon Don
- Chris and Karen: Couple’s Choice: Street/Commerical to Let’s Get Ready to Rhumble by PJ and Duncan
- Karim and Amy: Quickstep to Mr. Pinstripe Suit by Big Bad Voodoo Daddy
- Kelvin and Oti: Viennese Waltz to Say Something by A Great Big World and Christina Aguilera
- Mike and Katya: Charleston Those Magnificent Men In Their Flying Machines by the Ron Goodwin Orchestra
- Will and Janette: Waltz to Weekend In New England Barry Manilow
Strictly Come Dancing airs this Saturday on BBC One at 7pm