Borderlands 3 patch notes have been released today by Gearbox as part of a new update that is going live on PS4 and Xbox One.
The new game build includes a number of performance fixes and general improvements, following earlier patches trying to do the same.
And it won’t be long before everyone can download and enjoy the changes from Gearbox.
The dev and support teams for the popular looter shooter have announced that Borderlands 3 update 1.03 will be going live today.
This will happen by 11pm in the UK, October 3, 2019 on all platforms. For gamers in the United States, it means a launch time at 3pm, PST.
Gearbox has warned that the new patch could be released a little earlier but that it should be available to everyone by the times listed above.
“Today we’ll release both a patch and a hotfix for Borderlands 3 on all platforms by or before 3:00 PM PDT, with the patch addressing a number of reported concerns and the hotfix focusing on player character balance changes and tuning of some enemies and bosses,” the message from Gearbox explains.
All platforms will see general stability improvements launched for Borderlands 3, according to the patch notes.
In a post online, Gearbox says their goal is to make sure all three Action Skills for each Vault Hunter are viable.
This follows reports from fans that some skills have been outperforming others, leading to today’s update. The patch itself will include adjustments to FL4K and Moze and will be paired with balance changes to boss fights.
“We went over some enemy behaviours that could have affected mission progression and adjusted some attacks to happen with more frequency,” the patch notes add.
As mentioned above, FL4K is one of the Vault Hunters seeing tweaks today, and the dev team has explained the changes.
“Rakk Attack! is great for constant damage output, especially when paired with Anointed gear. The base skill still seems to be lacking, so Rakk Attack! now has a guaranteed status effect on any enemy that it damages.
“Leave No Trace was returning much more ammo than intended, and we have added a re-trigger delay to keep its ammo return within expectation. Barbaric Yawp has an increased bonus, as we didn’t feel that the amount of investment had an equal payoff.
“In addition, we felt that FL4K’s pets were demanding too much attention, which was interfering with players trying to stand still for any length of time, so we disabled the ability for them to move you around.”
You can find out more about today’s Borderlands 3 update by reading the official patch notes below:
BORDERLANDS 3 PATCH NOTES FOR OCTOBER 3
- Addressed a reported issue where an infinite loop could occur when hitting the Guardian Rank experience ceiling
- The Hollow Point Guardian Rank skill no longer damages allies
- Hollow Point Guardian Rank skill has been re-enabled
- Addressed a reported issue where some players were unable to unlock the Ultimate Vault Hunter achievement on Xbox
- Addressed a reported issue where mouse functionality may have been lost when hot joining a friend’s session on PC
- Addressed a reported issue where some players’ inventory would not be saved in their bank
- Rakk Attack! status effect chance as been increased to 100%.
- Leave No Trace now has a re-trigger delay of 2 seconds
- Barbaric Yawp stat bonus increased by 100%
- Pets no longer push around player characters
- “Touch Pet” prompt is now a lower priority and should no longer interfere with looting or vending machines
Infinite Grenades is not an intentional build for Moze—even if it is hilarious. To lower the power (and spam) of this build, a re-trigger delay has been added to the grenade portion of Means of Destruction.
- Means of Destruction now has a re-trigger delay of 2 seconds
- Adjusted the balance of Gigamind, Katagawa Ball, and Billy the Anointed
These three boss fights had concerns with their health and shields that made their combat loops more difficult than we intended. Gigamind had a little too much health, so that was reduced slightly. Katagawa Ball will no longer regenerate its shields; we found that while players contended with the adds during the fight, it would unfairly regenerate its shield, negating the players’ progress. Finally, Billy had 25% of his health removed; we agree that this fight often dragged on needlessly. We will be monitoring each of these bosses and may make further adjustments in the future.
- Bloated Rakks no longer spawn so many Rakklesnakes
This change should make the Cistern of Slaughter in particular much more fun.
- Adjusted the cooldown values when they are displayed for Zane’s skills
- Amara’s Glamour will now turn enemies on each other, as described in the Action Skill
- Modified the loot spawn for Sera of Supremacy
- Spiderant Emperors occasionally wouldn’t drill back out of the ground, which created a potential progression blocker in the Proving Ground of Survival; we have adjusted this and the issue has been addressed
- Resolved an issue that could have prevented enemies from spawning while in Devil’s Razor
- Lavender Crawly’s physics were adjusted to prevent them exiting the world like a popped balloon
- Further safe guarded Apollo from being launched out of world as well
- The Rampager will no longer enter an idle at state at inappropriate times
- Saurian Slingers attacks were addressed
- Guardians now use all their attacks in Playthrough 2
- Guardian Wraiths now reliably use all their ranged attacks
- NPCs in the Slaughter maps were reported to sometimes attempt to automatically revive players in the arena. Going forward they will no longer attempt to revive players
- Minimized the glow effect when opening Eridian ammo chests, can more easily see the ammo inside when opened