North Korea tyrant Kim complains to UN over ‘aggressive and provocative’ Trump military

His complaints follow years of military threats from the tyrannical ruler, who has previously pledged to “wipe the US off the face of the earth”.

This is the latest protest by the hermit kingdom against the 10-day Ulchi Freedom Guardian Exercise which is due to end Thursday.

The Ulchi Freedom Guardian Exercise involves a total of 17,500 troops from the US, South Korea, Britain, and elsewhere taking part in exercises in Goyang, South Korea to prepare for war against despot leader Kim Jong-un.

The US described the exercises as “defensive in nature” although North Korea dismissed their claims as a “deceptive mask”.

North Korea’s state media the Korean Central News Agency said: “The DPR Korea strongly requests the UNSC to discuss the issue of the joint military exercises as an emergency agenda item.

“Should the UNSC ignore the request from the DPR Korea once again, it will become self-evident that the UNSC has ceased to remain as a body that assumes the primary responsibility for the maintenance of international peace and security.”

The report comes a day after the North launched three missiles into the East Sea.

The news agency also said the drills are “nothing short of hysteric conduct to add fuel to the raging flames,” and that Washington wishes to occupy the north by force.

North Korea is highly critical of the drills and claims they are a rehearsal for an invasion.

But South Korean President Moon Jae-in said that the drills are purely defensive and were not aimed at trying to escalate tension

He told a cabinet meeting: “There is no intent at all to heighten military tension on the Korean peninsula as these drills are held annually and are of a defensive nature.

“North Korea should not exaggerate our efforts to keep peace nor should they engage in provocations that would worsen the situation, using (the exercise) as an excuse.”

Ulchi Freedom Guardian comes after Donald Trump’s national security advisor HR McMaster threatened a “preventive war” against North Korea.

Mr McMaster said in an interview on MSNBC this month that the US is preparing for all options, including a preemptive war.


🕐 Top News in the Last Hour By Importance Score

# Title 📊 i-Score
1 Libya expels aid groups accused of 'African' population plot 🔴 78 / 100
2 Tech firm using quantum physics to spot fake passports and handbags raises £4.8m in London IPO 🔴 75 / 100
3 Anti-abortion campaigner convicted of breaching buffer zone outside UK clinic 🔴 72 / 100
4 Key signs that sudden cardiac death is about to strike – even in totally healthy, fit young people 🔴 72 / 100
5 ‘DoctorEMF’ wants you to unplug your lamps and routers — he even has a dog protect him from radiation 🔴 72 / 100
6 Stock markets LIVE: Trump nightmare as China's 34% tariffs move sends markets in free fall 🔴 65 / 100
7 Fenerbahce accuse Galatasaray boss of acting 'as if he'd been shot' after 'planned provocation' of Jose Mourinho which led to nose pinch 🔵 55 / 100
8 Kevin De Bruyne confirms he is leaving Man City with tear-jerking statement 🔵 52 / 100
9 Tucker Carlson 'immediately' sells his new Chevy truck after startling message appeared on the dash 🔵 45 / 100
10 King Charles and Queen Camilla’s unique living arrangements revealed by former palace staffer 🔵 30 / 100

View More Top News ➡️