TRANSFER NEWS LIVE: Latest news on Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool and the rest…
Friday August 25
Villa replaces Costa
13:30: Diego Costa’s transfer stand-off with Chelsea has already cost him inclusion in Spain’s squad for next week’s international break.
Costa has been omitted from the side that will face Italy in a massive World Cup qualifier on September 2, before a more routine game against Liechtenstein three days later.
Costa remains in Brazil and has said he will only return to Europe in order to complete a switch to Atletico Madrid.
Spain have included 35-year-old New York City FC striker David Villa in the squad instead of Costa.
West Ham to sign Carvalho
13:06: Arsenal are not interested in signing William Carvalho.
Arsenal are still open to doing deals with seven days of the transfer window remaining.
They have been linked with a move for Carvalho in each of the last two summer transfer windows.
But they will not rival West Ham’s supposed £37.5m bid for the Portugal international, claim football.london.
Turan to Man Utd
12:54: Arda Turan is free to leave Barcelona and Manchester United are keen on a deal, claim the Guardian.
Turan has failed to make the grade at Barca since joining them in 2015.
The Turkey international was supposedly one of the players Barca were hoping to use in a deal to sign Liverpool’s Philippe Coutinho.
But the Reds don’t want to sell Coutinho nor sign Turan.
It is claimed United manager Jose Mourinho is an ‘ardent admirer’ of 30-year-old Turan.
Leeds United update
12:43: Leeds manager Thomas Christiansen says he wants to keep Stuart Dallas amid claims he could join Norwich.
Dallas has been linked with a move to the Canaries but Christiansen says the Northern Ireland star remains crucial to his plans.
“There is a lot of competitiveness in our squad and I need a player like Stuart Dallas,” the boss said.
Klopp working on late deals
12.30: Jurgen Klopp is still working on last minute transfers but says he is happy with his squad as it is.
Liverpool have signed three players this summer with Dominic Solanke, Mohamed Salah and Andrew Robertson coming in.
But deals for top targets Naby Keita and Virgl Van Dijk have proven difficult to get over the line.
And now Klopp is also dealing with Barcelona’s interest in Philippe Coutinho.
“If and I said it a few times, the transfer window closes tomorrow, I am happy with it,” Klopp said.
“We work on it, as you can imagine. But this transfer window is different to all other transfer windows.”
Angel Di Maria to Barcelona
12:01: PSG must sell Barcelona target Angel Di Maria before the end of the transfer window to avoid breaking Financial Fair Play rules.
Angel Di Maria is Barcelona’s top alternative target if they cannot sign Philippe Coutinho from Liverpool.
Sky Sports claim Di Maria could be sold and that Barca are in place to do a £45m deal.
Rennes get Dembele cash
11:35: Ousmane Dembele will become the second-most expensive player in the world when he completes his move to Barcelona.
Borussia Dortmund have accepted Barca’s £138million bid for the striker.
Before Neymar’s £200m switch from Barca to PSG this summer, Paul Pogba’s £89m move from Juventus to Manchester United was the world transfer record.
Dortmund bought Dembele, 20, from Rennes for just £13m last year.
Rennes will earn a sell-on fee of up to £36.8m if Dembele heads to Barca.
Arsenal defender exit
11:13: Inter Milan hope a loan move for Arsenal defender Shkodran Mustafi can be secured by the start of next week.
Inter want to sign Mustafi and Arsenal are willing to let him go – even though the Gunners only bought the Germany international last summer.
Serie A giants Inter are keen on a loan move with an option to buy at the end of the season.
They are also in for Manchester City’s Eliaquim Mangala, who is available although City want to sell him rather than loan him out.
Coutinho to Barcelona
11:00: Philippe Coutinho is doing everything in his power to force through a move to Barcelona.
Liverpool are desperate for Coutinho to stay and have rejected his transfer request.
They have also snubbed Barca’s £118million offer for the Brazilian.
But neither Coutinho nor Barca are giving up hope on a deal with seven days of the transfer window remaining.
The Daily Mail claim that if Liverpool continue to reject Barca’s advances Coutinho will take the nuclear option and go to the media to express his desire to leave.
Barcelona have also agreed a £138m deal to sign Borussia Dortmund’s Ousmane Dembele.
Chelsea eye Llorente
10:20: Chelsea are set to bid £15million for Swansea striker Fernando Llorente.
Llorente has been loosely linked with Chelsea for much of the summer and has not played a game for Swansea yet this season due to a broken arm.
The Spaniard is supposedly receptive to a move but Swansea want to keep him.
The Telegraph claim a bid will be lodged before Thursday, with Chelsea having already failed to sign Llorente in January.
Done Deal: West Brom sign Burke
10:00: West Brom have signed Scotland international Oliver Burke from Germany’s RB Leipzig.
The 20-year-old winger joins Tony Pulis’ squad on a five-year deal after featuring 25 times in the league last season for Leipzig, who finished runners-up to Bayern Munich.
Burke became the most expensive Scottish player in signing for the German side from Nottingham Forest for £13million in August last year.
And it’s believed West Brom have shelled out around £15m to bring him back to England.
“I feel like it is a time for me to move on and play more games,” Burke said in a statement. “I’m here, I want to impress and I want my name to be first on the team sheet.”
Ronaldo was keen on Man Utd
09:45: Cristiano Ronaldo has expressed a desire to leave Real Madrid – but would only consider joining Manchester United.
That is according to journalist Ian McGarry, who claims that while Ronaldo was open to joining Man Utd earlier this summer, a move is now off the table.
“Unfortunately, I do not see Cristiano Ronaldo returning to Manchester United,” he said.
“It is the only place he has indicated he would consider going to if he left Real Madrid.
“I think this [desire to leave] is just more posturing from the great one.”
Messi to Man City latest
09:15: Lionel Messi’s father Jorge has denied meeting Manchester City chief Txiki Begiristain to discuss a deal for the Barcelona player.
The Sun claim Messi Snr met with City’s technical director amid reports that the Etihad club are preparing a £275m bid for Messi.
But Mundo Deportivo have rubbished those claims, while Begiristain says the deal “is impossible”.