Nine-months-pregnant girl, 17, and her unborn child are electrocuted when she plugs her phone into a charger after getting out of the bath
- Emergency services rushed to the scene but found the pregnant mother dead
A nine-months pregnant girl and her unborn child have been killed by electrocution after she tried to charge her phone after taking a bath.
Jennifer Karolayne, 17, was killed in the Monte Castelo neighbourhood, located in Campina Grande, in the state of Paraiba, Brazil, in the early hours of Thursday morning, August 17.
The unborn child did not survive the incident.
Upon receiving the distress call from the victim’s husband, who was not named, emergency service teams promptly responded but found the teenager already deceased upon their arrival at her home.
The victim’s husband said that his wife had just come out of the bath and tried to put her phone on charge.
Jennifer Karolayne, a nine-months pregnant mother-to-be was killed on Thursday after she was electrocuted
The picture shows the wires in the house of Jennifer Karolayne, where she tried to plug her phone in after taking a bath
She used an extension cord to power the mobile but was electrocuted and killed.
Ms Karolayne’s husband mentioned hearing an unusually loud noise and a scream from his wife.
He then said he rushed to her and found her unresponsive on the ground.
He said he tried to help Ms Karolayne, at which point he also received an electric shock.
Ms Karolayne’s mother-in-law said she was nine-months pregnant at the time and was waiting to give birth to the child.
Chief Ramirison Pedro, from the Campina Grande Homicide Police Station, said that the case is currently being treated as an accident.
However, the police chief said standard procedure dictates that an investigative protocol be initiated following the devastating incident.
Heartbreaking pictures show the crib that would have belonged to Jennifer Karolayne’s unborn child
The wires in the house of Jennifer Karolayne are pictured after she was killed in a horrifying electrocution incident