The condition will limit the activities you are able to do and, eventually, it is fatal.
How to reduce your risk of heart failure
Three ingredients known to contribute to fatty deposits along blood vessel walls are saturated fats, salt, or sugar, the NHS certified.
Thus, if you already have heart disease, the best course of action is to limit such foods.
Saturated fats can be found in:
- Butter, ghee, suet, lard, coconut oil and palm oil
- Fatty cuts of meat
- Cured meats like salami, chorizo and pancetta
- Pastries, such as pies, quiches, sausage rolls and croissants
- Cream, crème fraîche and sour cream
- Ice cream
- Coconut milk and coconut cream
- Chocolate and chocolate spreads.