Despite PlayStation 5 restocks becoming more frequent, customers are still having a hard time getting hold of stock.
The only steady source of PS5 stock has been the second-hand market, but this means spending more than the recommended retail price.
If you’re desperate to secure a PlayStation 5 for Christmas and are willing to spend a little extra, then it’s worth checking out the Cash Converters website.
At the time of writing, the retailer currently has hundreds of PS5 consoles in stock, both in disc form and digital.
Most of the PS5 consoles are brand new and boxed, although they have been unsealed to check the contents.
The only downside is that the disc-based PS5 consoles cost £649.99, which is a higher price than you’d pay from the likes of GAME, Argos and Amazon.
However, it’s still a lot cheaper than second-hand PlayStation 5 consoles at their peak, which were fetching upwards of £1,000.
If you don’t want to pay more for a PS5 and would rather wait for an official restock, then Express Online runs a weekly live blog featuring all the latest alerts.
You can also check the PS5 hub below for links to PlayStation 5 consoles at various UK retailers. We’ve even posted one or two shopping tips to better help you nab a console in time for Christmas.
If you are hoping to pick up a PS5 this week, then the following shopping tips should help.
PlayStation 5 general shopping tips…
• Login if you already have an account with the retailer.
• Use multiple devices wherever possible – desktop browser, laptop, tablet, smartphone.
• If the retailer has a dedicated app, download and use the app for purchasing a PS5.
• Sign up for retailer stock alerts where possible. Sites like ShopTo allow users to register interest.
• Follow stock checker accounts and websites, including PS5 UK Stock and Express Gaming.
PlayStation 5 shopping tips when buying from GAME…
• Get familiar with the bundles, so you know which one to target first: Obscure bundles are easier to get, standalones almost impossible. [GAME]
• When alerted, click through to your first bundle of choice as quickly as possible, this will get you into the queue. [GAME]
• If it says it’s failed when trying to checkout, it means that bundle is now OOS. So go back to the bundles and pick another one. [GAME]
• Checking out too much too quickly will give you a 30-60 second timeout, so don’t rush it. If this happens, just wait a bit then try again. [GAME]
Now is the perfect time to pick up a PlayStation 5 console, especially with Black Friday discounts on hundreds of games.
Over on the PlayStation Store, for example, fans can purchase PS5 games like Deathloop and Demon’s Souls at discounted prices.
Available for just £29.99, Deathloop is one of the best PS5 games of the year, earning a massive 88% score on Metacritic.
“In Deathloop, two rival assassins are trapped in a mysterious timeloop on the island of Blackreef, doomed to repeat the same day for eternity.
“As Colt, the only chance for escape is to end the cycle by assassinating eight key targets before the day resets. Learn from each cycle – try new paths, gather intel, and find new weapons and abilities. Do whatever it takes to break the loop.”