Viewpoint’s finale was set to air on Friday evening as the ITV drama has been broadcast over consecutive nights this week. However, on Thursday evening The Guardian reported 20 women had come forward and alleged Mr Clarke, 45, had been involved in sexual misconduct. In light of the news, episode four of the thriller did air but for the fifth and final episode has now been pulled from schedules.
In a statement, ITV said: “ITV has a zero tolerance policy to bullying, harassment and victimisation and robust procedures in place to investigate and deal with any complaints.
“We strongly believe that everyone deserves to work in a supportive and safe environment.
“In light of the very serious nature of the allegations against Noel Clarke raised by 20 women in the Guardian’s report, ITV has decided it is no longer appropriate to broadcast the final episode of the drama Viewpoint on ITV main channel this evening.
“We are mindful that some of our viewers have already invested four hours of their time over the past four nights in following this thriller which was due to conclude this evening, and they have yet to see the final episode.
“As such, we plan to make it available on ITV Hub tonight for a limited time for any viewers who wish to seek it out, and watch its conclusion.”
READ MORE: Ashley Walters breaks silence on co-star’s sexual harassment claims
Mr Clarke strenuously denies the allegations which have been made against him but Bafta has proceeded to take action.
On Thursday evening, the academy posted a statement which read: “In light of the allegations of serious misconduct regarding Noel Clarke in The Guardian, BAFTA has taken the decision to suspend his membership and the Outstanding British Contribution to Cinema award immediately and until further notice.”
Through his lawyers, Mr Clarke told The Guardian: “In a 20-year career, I have put inclusivity and diversity at the forefront of my work and never had a complaint made against me.
“If anyone who has worked with me has ever felt uncomfortable or disrespected, I sincerely apologise.”
Other networks have also taken action in light of the allegations, with Sky pulling out of working on future projects with Mr Clarke.
The actor had starred in the crime drama Bulletproof and a fourth season of the show was commissioned earlier this year.
However, the broadcasting giant has released a statement which reads: “Effective immediately, we have halted Noel Clarke’s involvement in any future Sky productions.”
Sky has confirmed it has not received any reports of sexual misconduct or harassment following the production of Bulletproof.
The broadcasting giant continued: “Sky stands against all forms of sexual harassment and bullying and takes any allegations of this nature extremely seriously.”
Production company Vertigo Films have also pulled out of working with Mr Clarke, stating: “Effective immediately, Noel Clarke is removed from any Vertigo Films production.”
They have already launched an investigation to discover if any allegations of misconduct were made whilst the actor was working with the company.
The Guardian reported the allegations of sexual harassment dating from 2004 to 2019.
Viewpoint will be available to stream on ITVHub for a limited time.