The inner workings of Buckingham Palace are a “lot calmer” since Meghan Markle and Prince Harry stepped down as working royals last year, a source has claimed to the UK’s Mirror.
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex, who currently reside in California after resigning from royal duties in February, caused too much trouble with their demands to do things their own way, the Mirror reported.
“One of the main issues with Harry and Meghan when they were part of the working family was their inability to understand how things worked,” the source told the Mirror.
“It’s been a lot simpler without them kicking off over why they couldn’t just do what they wanted. Things are a lot calmer.”
Harry and Meghan’s departure to the US with their 23-month-old son Archie comes as the royal family has also lost the services of Prince Andrew, who has been benched by the Queen due to his ties to late pedophile Jeffrey Epstein.
Prince Charles is said to be the brain trust who is sorting out how future royal duties will be handled now that the family is down three major members.
He is carrying out this process with the support from fellow senior royals, including Camilla Parker Bowles, Prince William and wife Kate Middleton, Princess Anne, and Prince Edward and wife Sophie, who has been dubbed the family’s “secret weapon.”
The Countess of Wessex, 56, who has been married to Edward, 57, since 1999, is said to be Queen Elizabeth’s “royal rock.”
Harry, 36, recently returned to the UK for grandfather Prince Philip’s funeral.
Services for the Duke of Edinburgh, who died earlier this month at the age of 99, were held at St George’s Chapel.
Brothers William, 38, and Harry were seen speaking amiably to one another after the funeral. The pair walked with Middleton, 39, outside.
Markle, 39, who is pregnant and expecting her second child with Harry this summer, stayed behind in California. She watched the services from home and is said to have sent a memorial wreath.
Harry arrived home to California on Tuesday, ahead of the Queen’s 95th birthday.