Hunter Biden reveals sobbing Joe chased him down a driveway while staging an intervention to get him to stop doing drugs DURING the 2020 campaign – as he admits Ukraine laptop ‘could’ be his but claims he was ‘hacked by Russians’
- Hunter Biden’s interview with CBS will air on Monday morning
- He took part in it to promote his new memoir, Beautiful Things
- In the sit-down, he reveals he was still using drugs last year, during his father’s Presidential campaign
- He recalls Joe and his daughters staging an intervention at the family home in Wilmington
- The girls stood in front of his car, blocking the doors, to stop him from taking the wheel
- Joe, then 77, grabbed him in a bear hug, cried, and said: ‘I don’t know what to do’
- Hunter said all he could think of was how to do ‘another hit’
- He also shrugs off the laptop that contained details of his Ukrainian business dealings, saying: ‘For real, I don’t know!’ when asked if it was his
- He said it ‘certainly’ could be his, but that he also could have been ‘hacked by Russian intelligence’
Hunter Biden has revealed his father staged an intervention to get him to give up drugs last year, during the Presidential election, in his first sit-down interview for months where he also admits the damaging laptop with details of his business dealings in Ukraine ‘could’ be his, but says he was ‘hacked by Russians’.
The interview is with CBS and will air on Monday morning in full, but the network teased a trailer for it on Friday morning. Hunter, who has been hidden from public view for months, took part in it to promote his memoir Beautiful things.
It is the first time the intervention has become public.
Hunter, who has struggled with drug abuse for years, described how his father, then 77, chased him down the driveway of their Wilmington, Delaware, home, in front of Hunter’s daughters, to stop him from getting in the car.
He doesn’t say what kind of drugs he was taking at the time but says all he could think about was lying to his elderly father to get ‘another hit’.
‘I tried to go to my car, and my girls literally blocked the door to my car, and said: “Dad, Dad, please. You can’t. No, no.”
‘[He] grabbed me — gave a bear hug, and he said — and just cried, and said — “I don’t know what to do. I don’t know what to do. Please'” Hunter said.
‘I thought: “I need to figure out a way to tell him that I’m gonna do something, so that I can go take another hit.”
Hunter Biden has revealed how his father Joe Biden chased him down the driveway of their Delaware home when they staged an intervention during the campaign to deal with his drug addiction
‘It’s the only thing I could think. Literally. That’s how powerful. I don’t know of a force more powerful than my family’s love, except addiction,’ he said.
He also addressed the laptop that was found last year in a store in Delaware and contained details of Hunter’s business dealings in Ukraine, as well as damaging photos of him doing drugs and drunk.
The Biden family has shied away from discussing it at length.
In the interview, Hunter shirks away from it again, saying ‘There could be a laptop out there that was stolen from me.
‘It could be that I was hacked. It could be that it was the — that it was Russian intelligence.’
He maintains that he doesn’t know if the computer was his, protesting: ‘For real! I don’t know!’