Eau dear! Indian official drinks HAND SANITIZER after mistaking it for a bottle of water
- Ramesh Pawar was holding a public budget committee meeting in Mumbai
- He sat down after a presentation and grabbed a clear bottle for a drink
- He inadvertently picked up hand sanitiser and received an unpleasant surprise
An Indian official accidentally drank hand sanitizer after mistaking it for a bottle of water during a public meeting.
Ramesh Pawar was at a budget committee hearing in Mumbai on Wednesday when he sat down and took a gulp from a nearby bottle.
He thought it was water and took a swig but an onlooker rushed to warn him it was hand gel.
An Indian official accidentally drank hand sanitiser after mistaking it for a bottle of water during a public meeting
To add to his embarrassment, the unfortunate moment was captured on video.
The footage shows Pawar showing documents to the audience at the public meeting before sitting down.
He then grabbed a bottle containing clear liquid, unscrewed the top and started to drink.
The official immediately noticed his mistake and spat out the hand gel while others quickly rushed to his aid.
Ramesh Pawar was at a budget committee hearing in Mumbai when he sat down and took a gulp from a nearby bottle
He thought it was water but an onlooker rushed to warn him he’d just drank hand gel after taking a swig
A colleague then handed a genuine bottle of water to the grateful Pawar who then left the chamber.
Pawar is the Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation’s deputy commissioner.
The accident happened at a presentation in western India’s Maharashtra in Mumbai.
Pawar saw the funny side but quickly left the chamber after the unfortunate mishap