Crystal Palace star Eberechi Eze ‘accepts it was an error of judgement’ to watch his old side QPR in action as club admit concern over photos of winger not wearing a mask at FA Cup tie in a statement… with FA probe over potential lockdown breach ongoing
- Eberechi Eze attended QPR’s FA Cup third-round tie against Fulham on Saturday
- The Crystal Palace star was seen not wearing a mask at times during the clah
- Eze’s attendance sparked accusations that he breached Covid-19 protocols
- The FA have since launched a probe after Eze was spotted back at QPR
- Palace said in a statement that they will now deal with the matter internally
Crystal Palace have issued a statement after Eberechi Eze appeared to flouted coronavirus guidelines to attend former club QPR’s FA Cup match against Fulham, insisting the player ‘accepts it was an error of judgement’.
The FA have launched a probe after Eze was spotted back at the Kiyan Prince Foundation Stadium on Saturday, sparking controversy amid the new national lockdown measures in place with coronavirus cases soaring within the UK.
Eze was also seen not wearing a mask at all times during the FA Cup tie, and Palace have since revealed that they are speaking to him about his actions and that they will it internally.
Crystal Palace midfielder Eberechi Eze was in attendance as QPR hosted Fulham on Saturday
Palace wrote late on Monday afternoon: ‘QPR have acknowledged they made a mistake in hosting Eberechi Eze in the directors’ box at Saturday’s FA Cup match against Fulham without our knowledge.
‘Whilst we recognize Eberechi’s desire to support his former team mates, he accepts it was an error of judgement to attend the match.
‘We were also concerned to see pictures of Eberechi not wearing a mask at certain moments and are speaking to him about these apparent lapses, which will be dealt with internally.’
More to follow…