Princess Beatrice has been accused of breaking coronavirus lockdown rules by dining out with members of different households in a London restaurant.
The 32-year-old royal was seen with her property developer husband Edoardo Mozzi, 37, and four other people in luxury Mayfair restaurant Isabel on Wednesday night.
Under the capital’s strict Tier 2 lockdown rules, only members of the same household can gather indoors – including in restaurants.
The three-hour dinner has been brushed off as an ‘introductory work meeting’ by royal sources – which would make it permissible under current rules.
But other diners said the event looked ‘very social’ and alcohol was seen on the Princess’s table.
At one point in the evening, Beatrice – the ninth in line to the throne – took a picture with her fashion-designer friend Peter Dundas in which the mask-wearing pair breached social distancing rules.
He shared the picture online saying it was good to ‘catch up’ with the Princess.
Princess Beatrice has been accused of breaking coronavirus lockdown rules by dining out with members of different households in the London restaurant Isabel
Princess Beatrice breached social distancing rules by posing with her Norwegian friend Peter Dundas (left) in Mayfair. Her property developer husband Edoardo Mozzi, 37, (right, with the Princess in Mayfair earlier this month) attended the dinner with Beatrice and four other friends
The three-hour dinner at Isabel (pictured) has been brushed off as an ‘introductory work meeting’ by royal sources – which would make it permissible under current rules
A fellow restaurant goer – who asked not to be named – told The Sun: ‘I couldn’t believe my eyes. If the Royal Family can’t get coronavirus rules right, what hope for the rest of us?’
They added: ‘There is a very serious side to this and Beatrice deserves a ticking off.’
London’s infection rate per 100,000 people stood at 191.8 on December 6, up from 158.1 the previous week.
The figures put it ahead of regions such as the West Midlands, which are already in Tier 3.
Beatrice (pictured) is not a working member of the royal family and instead works for American software company Afiniti as ‘vice president of partnerships and strategy’
Sky News presenter Kay Burley has agreed to be off air for six months after breaching coronavirus rules. Pictured: Kay Burley hugging and Beth Rigby (centre in red) at Ms Burley’s 60th birthday party on Saturday
A photographer caught the moment the party of ten spilled out on to the streets of Soho following their dinner
Beatrice is not a working member of the royal family and instead works for American software company Afiniti as ‘vice president of partnerships and strategy’.
A manager at Isabel said he wasn’t working on the night the royal came in, but stressed that the restaurant follows all the guidance put forward by the Government.
He said if a group is understood to not be living under the same roof they would not be granted a table.
It follows the news that Sky News presenter Kay Burley broke lockdown rules by attending her 60th birthday party in central London with nine other diners earlier this month – before using a different restaurant’s bathroom after the 11pm curfew.
Rita Ora flew by private jet to Cairo on November 21 to perform at the five-star W Hotel. She returned the next day and under Government quarantine rules should have self-isolated for 14 days
Rita Ora threw a birthday party on November 28 at the exclusive Casa Cruz restaurant in Notting Hill, West London, pictured
Miss Burley then continued the party at her Knightsbridge home with three others.
She has been taken off air for six months following an internal investigation by Sky.
Kay Burley’s rule flouting followed reports that pop star Rita Ora did not self-isolate for 14 days after flying to Egypt for an event – forcing the singer to issue a second apology.
The 30-year-old singer flew by private jet to Cairo on November 21 to perform at the five-star W Hotel.
She returned the next day and under Government quarantine rules should have self-isolated for 14 days.
Instead, she threw a birthday party on November 28 at the exclusive Casa Cruz restaurant in Notting Hill, west London.
Ms Ora apologised after she and around 30 guests were photographed at the event before the end of the second national lockdown.
Cara and Poppy Delevingne as well as TOWIE star Vas Morgan, 31, and Rita’s sister Elena, 32, were all seen at the venue.
It comes as Sadiq Khan called for all London to be closed from today in defiance of the government’s vow to keep them open, and despite warnings that shutting down the capital will deliver another economic hammer blow to Britain.
Mr Khan’s demand follows a unilateral announcement by the Labour leader of Greenwich council that he would close all schools in his borough tomorrow – leaving parents dashing to find four days of child care before the term ends on Thursday.
The move puts Greenwich on a collision course with Education Secretary Gavin Williamson who warned that schools who do not stay open face legal action by the government – and it will also fuel teaching unions who arguing that schools should be shut across the country.
It adds to fears that a decision on Wednesday to plunge London into Tier 3 restrictions looks ‘inevitable’ despite reports Health Secretary Matt Hancock was considering splitting the capital to impose tough restriction on outer boroughs with high infection rates while keeping the West End open.
But Mr Khan also called that move impractical and a morning briefing today between MPs from London and its surrounding areas will address the city’s infection rate, which puts it ahead of regions such as the West Midlands, which are already in Tier 3.