Destiny 2 Beyond Light is launching on PS4, Xbox One and PC
Destiny 2 developer Bungie is getting ready to release the Beyond Light expansion on PS4, Xbox One and PC.
The latest Destiny 2 expansion has a November 10 release date on consoles and PC.
The only bad news is that the DLC update won’t be available until after a period of server downtime on all platforms.
For fans in the UK, Destiny 2 servers will go offline for maintenance at 3am GMT on the morning of November 10. That’s 7pm PDT for players in the US.
According to the server downtime schedule, fans will be able to login and download update 188.8.131.52 at 5pm GMT on November 10. That’s 9am PDT in the US. Destiny 2 maintenance is scheduled to fully conclude at 8pm GMT (12pm PDT).
There is an option to pre-load the update for select PlayStation 4 users, while Xbox One and PC fans will have to wait until the game goes offline.
You can see a smattering of Destiny 2 Beyond Light patch notes further down the page.
It’s also worth noting that you’ll need between 65 and 70GB of storage space for the 184.108.40.206 update.
With the update downloaded and installed, players can then start playing all the new content included in Destiny 2 Beyond Light. This includes both free and paid content.
As you can see from the roadmap below, the Beyond Light paid expansion includes a new campaign set in the frozen lands of Europa.
You also receive the new Stasis unlocks, including the Titan Behemoth, Warlock Shadebinder and Hunter Revenant.
That’s on top of the Salvation’s Grip exotic and the Grenade Launcher quest.
The good news is that there’s lots of new content available for free. The new destination of Europa is available for all players, alongside a new Cosmodrome experience, new armour and weapons, a new Strike and much more.
Of course, the highlight of any new Destiny 2 expansion is the chance to play a brand new Raid.
Destiny 2 Beyond Light release roadmap
Playable in groups of six, the Destiny 2 Deep Stone Crypt Raid will test your team’s sharpshooting skills, puzzle solving abilities and teamwork.
While the new Destiny 2 Raid won’t be available the moment the expansion launches, fans won’t have to wait very long to get stuck in.
The Deep Stone Crypt Raid has a November 21 release date on PS4, Xbox One and PC.
It has a power level cap of 1230, and will contain a selection of powerful new rewards for any players skilled enough to best it.
Express Online will have even more information about the launch of the Beyond Light Raid closer to its launch.
There are also lots of quality of life changes, improvements and features, some of which can be seen in the patch notes below…
Destiny 2 Beyond Light update 220.127.116.11 patch notes…
• Trials of Osiris
– Trials of Osiris Power level requirement increased to 1210.
– Added ADEPT weapons and weapon mods to Flawless chest rewards.
• Added physics blockers to some out-of-bounds areas on Altar of Flame.
• Added physics blockers to some out-of-bounds areas on Exodus Blue.
• Added physics blockers to some out-of-bounds areas on Cauldron.
• Login screens now have a dark background.
• Updated the full-screen menus to have a dark background style.
• Player waypoints now display Season Rank, HUD waypoints.
• Added toggle functionality to the character screen, allowing the player to make a choice between Light and Dark subclasses.
• Character screen visuals updated depending on player choice between Light and Dark.
• Changed selection from “Male” & “Female” to “Masculine” & “Feminine.”
• Guardian head and hair models have been replaced with improved versions.
• Several color swatches have been changed to better represent the applied color.
• Player’s previous head selections are still used.
• Fixed a bug that prevented online friends from showing up in the roster on Stadia for players with more than 100 friends.
• Fixed a bug that occasionally prevented players from earning progress on bounties when joining an activity in progress.
• This most notably impacted Iron Banner bounties and could cause players to have their Artifact Power bonus enabled during Iron Banner matches.
A few Sandbox changes that we missed in our Sandbox preview
• Traveler’s Chosen
– Reduced muzzle flash intensity.
• Point of the Stag
– Increased Point of the Stag’s Max Power Level to 1310.
– Fixed a bug that prevented some weapons from dealing precision damage to the Divinity cage (e.g. Eriana’s Vow).
• Hunter Dodge
– Increased Hunter’s Dodge cooldown by a few seconds. (E.g. Tier 4, old cooldown: 22 sec. New cooldown: 26 sec.)
• Anti-Champion Mods
– Anti-barrier rounds will now penetrate Taken Phalanx shields.
– All Anti-Champion mods have been shifted to armor, rather than taking a weapon mod slot.
• Orbs of Light have been changed to Orbs of Power as they can now be consumed by Light and Dark subclasses.