UPDATE: Animal Crossing New Horizons update 1.4 is rolling out now on Nintendo Switch and the official patch notes can be found below. Details how to update Animal Crossing can be found below.
ORIGINAL: Today’s Animal Crossing New Horizons update is rolling out now and adds some exciting new content to the game. And the good news is it won’t cost you anything extra.
This new Nintendo Switch patch is free to download and fans will soon be visiting other islands as part of a new Dream feature.
Fans will be able to see their character dream and then meet up with Luna to visit other locations. Dream addresses will be part of the new, with fireworks shows also be adding as part of this new patch.
HOW TO UPDATE ANIMAL CROSSING ON NINTENDO SWITCH
According to Nintendo, a new software update for Animal Crossing: New Horizons will become available for download. Your Nintendo Switch console will need to be connected to the Internet so that you can find the new patch.
Then complete these steps to make sure you can grab the latest Animal Crossing New Horizons patch:
- Connect the Nintendo Switch console to the internet.
- Return to the HOME Menu and launch the game.
- The update will be downloaded and installed automatically.
- Once the update is installed, the newest version number will be displayed on the title screen.
According to Nintendo:
- Save data will still be available for use after downloading the update.
- If the system is connected to the Internet, the update will download and install automatically.
- All players must be using the same version of the software to play together. Please make sure you have the same update version as the person you are playing with.
More news regarding today’s update will be shared via new patch notes, which are expected to arrive in the coming hours.
WHAT IS THE ANIMAL CROSSING NEW HORIZONS SUMMER UPDATE WAVE 2?
Nintendo plans to release new content via Animal Crossing updates throughout the Summer. Wave 2 is coming today, with more patches expected to follow for Nintendo Switch gamers.
The new patch adds a number of new features, some of which you can find below, ahead of the update notes:
Fireworks Shows – Enjoy atmospheric fireworks lighting up the sky above your island every Sunday in August at 7 p.m. Get in the spirit by redeeming Bells for raffle tickets in the plaza to get various festive items that you can use. Put your personal spin on the fireworks display by using your own custom design pattern to see it shot in the air as a firework in the sky!
Dreaming – You can now choose to take a nap in any bed placed in your home.** While dozing off, you may find yourself in a strange realm where you’ll be greeted by Luna. Luna offers visits to other islands as a dream, and with her help, you can share your island as a dream with others too.
She will grant those who share their island a “Dream Address” which players can exchange and use to visit each other’s island in a dream. In dreams, nothing is permanent because nothing you do is saved, so explore to your heart’s content.
Island Backup & Restoration Service – Nintendo Switch Online members can enable the new island backup service, which automatically uploads island and user save data to the internet at certain times.
If your Nintendo Switch system is lost or damaged, you may be able to recover your island paradise as long as you’ve enabled island backup. In the event of loss or damage, contact Nintendo Consumer Support about restoring the island and user save data on your new or repaired Nintendo Switch system. After your island data and individual player data is restored, you can get back to building your island community!
Additional details can be found on the Nintendo Consumer Support page when the update goes live. The island backup feature is separate from the Save Data Cloud functionality offered for select Nintendo Switch games through Nintendo Switch Online. A function specific to Animal Crossing: New Horizons to move users and save data to another system is planned for later this year. Details will be announced in the future.
Take some time to relax this summer and remember to have a blast at the fireworks shows on your island getaway in Animal Crossing: New Horizons. Coming up next is the free Autumn Update. We hope you look forward to it.
ANIMAL CROSSING PATCH NOTES
- A new seasonal event, Fireworks Shows, has been added.
- New limited-time seasonal items have been added to Nook Shopping.
- A new feature was added to the NookPhone Camera app, allowing you to turn off the guide information by pressing in the R Stick.
- The “funny glasses” item now matches up with player skin color variations.
Online connectivity features
- A new feature allows you to sleep in a bed and meet Luna. You can upload a dream of your island via the internet or visit other uploaded dream islands.
- New features have been added to the Custom Designs Portal. You can now search by design name or type. You can now create a list of favorite creators.
- A new feature has been added for backing up save data to Nintendo’s servers via the internet. You can use backed up save data with the island backup restoration service if your Nintendo Switch system is lost or broken.
- You must be a member of Nintendo Switch Online and enable backups within Animal Crossing: New Horizons to use this new feature.
- Save data cannot be restored at a customer’s discretionary timing. If your system is broken, you must contact Nintendo Support to start a repair request. If you have lost your system, you must contact Nintendo Support.
- This feature does not allow save data (island data) to be transferred to a different system. We currently plan on adding a save data transfer feature within 2020. Information on the feature and timing will be announced at a future time.
- Other adjustments were made to improve the game play experience.