Lockdown has meant many of us are missing our favourite restaurants, and with some still not eager to head out, making your favourites at home could be a good solution. Now Nando’s is helping those who want to give their famous recipes a go at home.
Nando’s are hosting live cookalong sessions each Friday on Instagram, and are also uploading the recipes for their classic dishes to their highlights.
Revealing the sessions, Nandos said: “Did someone say cookalong?
“Join our Head Chef Tim live and direct from his kitchen as he shows you how to cook up some Nando’s classics.
“We’ll be bringing the heat home with special guests.”
Read More: Nando’s opening hours: When is Nando’s reopening? Full list
1. To make the marinade, tip the dried chillies and the vinegar into a pan and bring to the boil.
3. Remove from the heat and leave the chillies to soak until the vinegar is cold.
4. Put the red chillies, garlic, soaked dried chillies and vinegar in a food processor and blitz.
5. Add the smoked paprika, oregano, thyme, sugar, a pinch of salt and the lemon juice. Blitz again to a paste and set aside.
6. Sit the chicken in a shallow dish and use a small knife to score all over with cuts 1cm deep. Make sure you do the legs and the underside.
7. Tip the marinade over the chicken and massage into the cuts. Cover and chill for at least four hours, but overnight would be better.
8. When you’re ready to cook, heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Roast the chicken for one hr, then turn the heat up to 220C/200C fan/gas 7 and cook for a further 30 to 35 mins until a crust has formed on the outside of the chicken.
9. Remove from the oven and leave to rest for 30 mins. Serve with your homemade rice.