Super Smash Bros Ultimate update 8.0.0 patch notes have been revealed by Nintendo.
The new Super Smash Bros Ultimate update went live overnight in the UK, meaning that fans are waking up to a brand new character.
The headline new feature is that the first character from Fighters Pass 2 has been released on Nintendo Switch.
Min Min is a brand new fighter from the ARMS series. The new character has extendable arms that can hit opponents from far away.
Min Min is joined by a host of other new unlockables, including new outfits for custom Mii characters.
This includes an additional ARMS costume based on Ninjara, as well as outfits for Vault Boy, Heihachi and Splatoon’s Callie and Marie.
The love for ARMS continues with a host of new spirits in the shop menu. This includes Master Mummy, Mechanica, Byte & Barq, Kid Cobra, Helix, and Max Brass.
But arguably of most interest – particularly to competitive players – are the changes Nintendo has made to the characters.
While there are too many to list on this page, lots of fighters have been re-balanced as part of update 8.0.0.
The bulk of the character changes have actually boosted things like attack power and range, while just a handful of changes could be considered nerfs.
Mario’s Final Smash has increased power and attack range, while Hero’s down special is easier to hit multiple times.
Characters like King K. Rool, Bayonetta, Villager, Wii Fit Trainer and Isabelle have been given the most changes, with boosts for range, power and Final Smashes.
You can see the full list of patch notes – as well as a link for all the character balance changes – below…
Super Smash Bros Ultimate version 8.0.0 patch notes…
• You can now begin a spirit battle rematch at any time via Spirits → Collection → Inventory → Spirit List → Fight. The score will also be recorded.
• The following spirits will appear in the Shop on the Vault menu:
– Master Mummy
– Byte & Barq
– Kid Cobra
– Max Brass
• The following downloadable content will be usable after purchase:
– Min Min Challenger Pack
– Ninjara Wig + Outfit
– Callie Wig + Outfit
– Marie Wig + Outfit
– Vault Boy Mask + Vault 111 Jumpsuit
– Heihachi Wig + Outfit
• You cannot make videos of replays that contain DLC you have not purchased (fighters, stages, music, Mii Fighter costumes, etc.).
• Game balance adjustments have been made. Please see the details of fixes and changes to fighters.
• Several issues have been fixed to improve gameplay experience.