Fortnite developer Epic Games has taken the game offline for the release of update 11.20.
Fortnite update 11.20 is available to download when server downtime begins at 9am UK time.
Battle Royale and Save the World will be offline for roughly two hours, so expect Fortnite to come back online at around 11am GMT.
To help pass the time during the server maintenance, fans can download the update on PS4, Xbox One, PC, iOS, Android and Nintendo Switch.
Fans can also check out the patch notes, leaks and changes right here at Express Online.
Early patch notes are available right now, and Epic Games has suggested that unlike before in Season 2, Chapter 1, full patch notes will be revealed when downtime ends.
That’s according to an Epic Games tweet: “Hey, all! We’ve got v11.20 coming tomorrow. Downtime begins at 4 AM ET (0900 UTC). Stay tuned for updates when downtime ends.”
In the meantime, fans have a pretty good idea about what to expect thanks to the early patch notes available now.
Perhaps the biggest change is the addition of DirectX 12 support for the PC version of the game.
“The PC version of Fortnite currently requires a graphics card capable of running Microsoft DirectX 11,” Epic explains. “In v11.20, however, you’ll have the added option to play the PC version using Microsoft DirectX 12!
“By using DX12, PC players with high-end GPUs may experience a higher and steadier frame rate. This is because DX12 delivers better CPU performance and allows for the distribution of rendering jobs across multiple cores.”
The addition of DirectX 12 support means that even more new features will be added over time.
“In the future, we plan on adding features to Fortnite that are made possible by DX12,” Epic continues.
“Allowing players to opt into DX12 before these features are added will give us valuable information in our development efforts and help us shake out any bugs.”
Fortnite update 11.20 early patch notes…
• DirectX 12 support for PC
• Fix for ‘The John Wick Outfit’s Pistol may appear larger than intended’
• Fix for ‘Devastator Outfit’s hair may not appear the intended color’
• Fix for ‘Inventory item selection set to equipped weapon instead of first slot’
– The equipped item slot will be the selection slot when players open the inventory. This was previously not the case. Even though this will be addressed in a future release, we plan to allow it as an option for players who prefer it.
• Fix for ‘Reports of low-detailed buildings on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One upon landing on the map
– We’re aware of reports of buildings sometimes appearing low-detailed on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One as players land on the map.