Bungie details what’s new and what’s changed for its galaxy-hopping sci-fi adventure
The day is finally here! Today all of us here at Bungie are excited to deliver our latest expansion to players both new and old: Destiny 2: Shadowkeep. Become your Guardian and delve into new realms on the Moon and beyond, with tonnes of new content to explore.
We’re absolutely delighted to share Shadowkeep globally on Playstation 4 and hope the community, our forever-partners in creating and evolving Destiny 2 with their great feedback, enjoy this new release!
Here are my top five things that you can experience within Shadowkeep.
1: We’re going back to the Moon
Let’s set the scene. Remember the Moon in the original Destiny? In Shadowkeep, you’ll be returning to the Archer’s Line where you walked years ago, only now all is not what it used to be. Shockwaves have rippled across the Moon, changing the terrain and exposing long buried secrets. Something wicked has awoken. Nightmares now rise up from beneath the lunar surface to plague our Moon and the every planet beyond.
Only one key ally can help you amidst this sudden crisis … Eris Morn. Most of you will remember Eris, a Guardian who works across the solar system to seek out and reveal threats to the Vanguard and The Last City. This quest lead to the awakening of the Nightmares on the Moon, and you must team up with Eris once again before it’s too late.
Return to the Moon, journey deep into the mysterious Scarlet Keep, and work with Eris to discover the source of the Nightmares, before they cast humanity into another age of Darkness for good.
2: Customisation with Armour 2.0
More customisation than ever before! We’ve revamped and implemented a significant number of customisable options to expand the ways Guardians both look and play in expressing their own unique character and style.
With Armour 2.0, Guardians can now experiment with:
- More Stats – previously Guardians could only have three stats at values of 1—10 on their armour, and now players of Destiny 2 will instead see six stats on their armour drops – Discipline, Intellect, Mobility, Recovery, Resilience and Strength. Did I mention that all of these stats go up to 100 now?
- Fully Customisable Mods – all armor drops come with thousands of potential and mod choice to explore in addition to stat combinations. Upgrade your armour and plug in the mods you want on the fly to make it easier to mix and match towards your playstyle. Experiment as much as you want, as mods are be unlocks with infinite uses instead of being consumable.
- Universal Ornaments – Legendary Ornaments can now be applied to any piece of legendary armour you’re wearing and swapped on the fly. Change up your look with any piece of legendary armour with the ornament of your choice at any time.
- Energy System – each mod has different levels of power. The more mods you want to equip and the more powerful the mods you’re aiming to use, the more energy you’ll need to invest into your armour pieces.
3: The hunt for all-new gear
Discover unique weapons and armour in ways both new and old:
- Construct weapons out of Nightmare Essence with Eris Morn
- Gather Vex-themed gear through the Season Pass
- Collect exciting new Exotics from quests and enemy drops
- …and more!
4. New combat tool: Finishers
We have introduced a new combat tool for all Destiny 2 players: Finishers! Weaken your enemies and activate a Finisher to deliver a final blow with a flourish.
- Class Themed – blast arcane energy as a Warlock, flourish your knives as a Hunter, and strike with the greatest Titan weapon of all, your fist.
- Close Quarters Combat – Rush a weakened enemy to activate a devastating final blow.
- Risk & Reward – Equip Finisher Mods that use Super energy to customize its effects, such as self-healing or spawning ammo for your fireteam.
5: New Raid & new season to discover
Assemble your Fireteam Guardians, because it’s time for you and your squad to challenge the newest raid, The Garden of Salvation.
A signal emerges from the Darkness of forgotten depths and reaches beyond dimensions, into the uncharted wilds of the Black Garden. Where it leads inside the Garden remains a mystery.
The signal itself is an enigma, one that whispers with temptation, yearning to be solved.
Included with Shadowkeep is our latest seasonal update for Destiny 2: Season of the Undying.
Defend our Moon from the Vex invasion and face the Undying Mind.
In Season of the Undying, you will experience a new activity, discover new exotic weapons, collect exclusive universal ornaments, and grow more powerful as you fight to halt the never-ending waves of advancing Vex armies.