The Area 51 raid has quickly become the most talked-about online prank of the year thanks to its daring goal of raiding the mysterious US military base. Internet pranksters pulled off the feat in July this year when they launched a Facebook event dubbed “Storm Area 51, They Can’t Stop All Of Us”. By the day of the raid, September 20, more than 2.1 million people confirmed their attendance, despite its organisers officially calling it off. The organisers have since changed the event to “Official Alienstock Tour” but many Area 51 raid live streams were still broadcast on the internet yesterday.

Area 51 raid live stream: Did people really attack Area 51?

The Area 51 raid was officially called off as a joke but unsurprisingly, pranksters have not given up on the raid.

Many live streams appeared on YouTube on Friday, claiming to show masses of people ready to storm the US Air Force base in Nevada.

The streams came after officials warned any would-be raiders against approaching the military installation.

Many conspiracy theorists believe the US Government is holding secret alien technologies and extraterrestrial remains at Area 51.

READ MORE: What is Area 51? Why is the internet going crazy over a supposed UFO base?

However, US Air Force spokeswoman Laura McAndrews said Area 51 is an “open training range” for the US Air Force.

She said: “We would discourage anyone from trying to come into the area where we train American armed forces.

“The US Air Force always stands ready to protect America and its assets.”

As many as 30,000 people were expected to invade the towns of Rachel and Hiko outside of Area 51 in Nevada today.

READ MORE: US admits it has ‘secrets’ that need to be ‘protected’ ahead of huge protest

However, unfortunately for all UFO enthusiasts, all of the Area 51 raid streams were fake and just a continuation of the original prank.

One such live stream, uploaded by YouTuber TracE, was titled Area 51 Live: In conclusion we failed.

The YouTuber posted under the stream: “The video wasn’t us raiding, it was us showing you footage of LDG Station when he went down we completed his stream.”

Another YouTube video by Isaiah Photo, titled Area 51 Live The Alien Raid, also did not show people attempting to enter the US military installation.

READ MORE: New Area 51 underground base found on Google Maps

In the aftermath, Lincoln County Sheriff Kerry Lee said: “They did threaten that they were going to storm.

“Once officers warned them about the consequences for storming the base, they did have second thoughts.”

The sheriff added the crowd at Area 51 was “very manageable for emergency services”.

He said: “The crowd has been very good. Officers have been mingling with the crowds and the crowds have been positive and so far it’s been really well.”

What will happen after the failed Area 51 raid?

The organisers of the initial Facebook event have redirected their efforts towards organising an alien and UFO-themed festival dubbed Alien Stock.

The festival is being touted as a “celebration” of Area 51 and is “coming to a galaxy near you” on September 18 in Las Vegas.

The event’s details read: “Spawned from the now legendary ‘Storm Area 51, They Can’t Stop All of Us’ meme, comes AlienStock the tour.

“Now you can party with Matty Roberts and meet the guys who were visited by the FBI, who forced the government to respond to a meme.

“Nightclubs, Parties, Festivals, Meet & Greets and more… coming to a galaxy near you.”

source: express.co.uk

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here