According to a report from Page Six, the prosecutors dealing with the case of Tekashi 6ix9ine, AKA Danny Hernandez, want to keep the rapper’s past conviction for posting child pornography away from the jurors in an attempt to keep his record as clean as possible.
Prosecutors filed a motion with the Manhattan federal court judge, Paul Engelmeyer, asking that the judge bar defense attornies from discussing his former convictions related to child pornography, arguing that the incident is irrelevant to his gang case.
The prosecutors have asked the judge to note that his prior convictions have nothing to do with this gang ties to Nine Trey Gangsta Bloods. As it was previously reported, an underage girl performed “two sex acts” on Daniel and two other men, and it was filmed and uploaded to social media.
Daniel Hernandez was 18-years-old at the time of the incident, and the girl in question was 13-years-old. The judge hasn’t ruled on the motion yet, but it was filed in a court of law this past Friday. Nine Trey Gangsta Blood members, Ellison and Mack, are also accused of kidnapping and robbing the “Gummo” artist.
Mr. Hernandez was charged with federal racketeering charges among others previously, however, he agreed to cooperate with the authorities to avoid jail time. He pleaded guilty and told the federal agents what they needed to hear.
Reportedly, the racketeering trial is slated to start on the 16th of September. Last summer, Tekashi 6ix9ine appeared to be on top of the world, especially in terms of his social media presence. For months, he 6ix9ine was the most discussed artist in hip-hop on social media.
However, once the federal government brought charges of racketeering against the young man, his circumstances turned dire. Coincidentally, his last album was released shortly after he was initially put away.
During an interview on Power 105.1’s The Breakfast Club, Mr. Hernandez said there were two things he feared the most, God, and a “Fed case,” as he put it.