Epic Games has announced that Fortnite servers will be going down today as part of the patching process.
They made the announcement on social media, revealing that maintenance would be required.
But while they original confirmed that scheduled downtime would begin at 9am in the morning in the UK, things have now changed.
“Patch v10.10 is almost here! Downtime begins tomorrow, August 13 at 4 AM ET (0800 UTC),” the original message from Epic Games confirms.
Things have now changed and it appears that today’s update will be launching at a later time.
Epic Games hasn’t confirmed the new timing yet but it appears we will hear more about it in the coming hours.
The development team have revealed that last-minute issues have delayed the release, which could still launch today, August 13.
“Due to last-minute issues discovered with the build, we’ve had to delay the timing for the release of the v10.10 update,” the latest message from Epic Games confirms.
“We’ll provide more details on an exact time once we have more information.”
The good news is that whenever the new update does land, full patch notes are expected to be shared after scheduled downtime has been completed.
Today’s server downtime is still expected last around two hours, although this could be another factor that changes.
In an unusual twist, the downtime tweet didn’t hint at the next new item coming to Battle Royale.
Something is usually contained in the message regarding the next Fortnite update, but it appears Epic Games are leaving things a little more mysterious this time.
Fans are expecting the Mech to see a few nerfs, among other balance changes for Season X.
Update 10.10 is also likely to mark the return of another classic point of interest.
Indeed, the Rift Portal recently appeared over the Mega Mall, leading to speculation that Retail Row will come back – only with a twist.
Elsewhere, Epic Games is working on fixes for multiple issues, many of which will be released this week.
According to the early patch notes, Epic will fix a problem with the Challenge menu becoming unresponsive and the shop screen flickering.
On the Save the World side of things, today’s update looks set to make a number of changes following the start of Season 10. You can find some early patch notes listed below:
- Thunder Thora Returns!
- Bringing the thunder to the ground!
- Penny takes over the Van!
- Join Penny as she Hits the Road as this weeks van driver.
- SMG Weapon Type
- In preparation for wraps, we’re adding a new weapon subclass: SMG’s. SMGs will become their own weapon type rather than sharing the assault rifles or pistol weapon type and will introduce more flexibility in gameplay as SMGs will work with a mixture of existing assault rifle and pistol Hero Perks.
- For Heroes that have assault rifle / pistol perks that were NOT changed to work with SMGs, resets will be available in case players invested for a specific combination of Hero Loadout and Weapons.
- Weapons that changed weapon type (becoming SMGs) will also have free resets in case players want to use a different weapon with their Hero loadout instead of adjusting their Hero loadouts.
- All Defenders who could use assault rifles or pistols before can now use SMGs as well. Defender perks that boosted assault rifle or pistol damage will now also boost SMG damage.