Fortnite developer Epic Games has released content update 9.30.
This week’s content update has been released alongside a surprisingly lengthy list of patch notes.
According to update 9.30 patch notes, the big new addition is the Revolver.
Available in Epic and Legendary variants, the Revolver fires medium ammo and does either 63 or 66 damage per shot.
It can be found in Floor loot, Chests, Vending Machines, Supply Drops, and Loot Carriers.
Epic has also unvaulted a wide selection of weapons as part of the 14 Days of Summer event.
Launching today, the 14 Days of Summer event features a different LTM every day, not to mention daily challenges.
You can see the full list of update 9.30 patch notes below…
WEAPONS + ITEMS
• Available in Epic and Legendary variants.
• Fires Medium Ammo.
• Holds 6 rounds.
• 63 / 66 damage per shot.
• Headshot multiplier of 2.
• Available from Floor loot, Chests, Vending Machines, Supply Drops, and Loot Carriers.
• Rare Tactical Assault Rifle
– With the unvaulting of the Suppressed Submachine Gun, we wanted to make sure loot distribution in this class of item was well distributed.
• Impulse Grenades
• Pirate Cannon
• Uncommon and Rare Pump Shotgun
• Available in floor loot and Vending Machines
– There’s been a lot of feedback around the Tactical Shotgun and Combat Shotgun effectiveness, and so we’re experimenting with a world where the Pump Shotgun joins the current shotgun lineup.
• Shockwave Grenade
– We feel the Suppressed Submachine Gun can fill a complementary role to the Burst Submachine Gun as a viable alternative.
• Common, Uncommon, and Rare Revolver
• Availability from floor loot reduced from 8.19% to 5.4%
• Headshot Multiplier increased from 2 to 2.25
• Availability adjustments
• Availability from floor loot reduced from 5.03% to 3.1%
• Availability from chests reduced from 18.66% to 10.32%
Burst SMG Balance adjustments
• Base accuracy increased by 13.6%
• Jumping accuracy penalty reduced from 15% to 5%
• Sprinting accuracy penalty reduced from 30% to 20%
• Base damage increased from 23/24/25 to 24/25/26
– The Burst SMG was dropping a bit too frequently for the role it was intended to fill. Additionally, it was underperforming when compared to similar items.
SemiAuto Sniper Rifle
• Availability from floor loot reduced from 0.65% to 0.44%
• Availability from chests reduced from 5.1% to 3.4%
• FlintKnock Pistol
• Availability from floor loot reduced from 1.97% to 1.32%
• Infantry Rifle
• Increased the Epic and Legendary Infantry Rifle clip size from 8 to 10
• Increased player damage from 18/19 to 20/21
• Reduced clip size from 50 to 40
• Reduced fire rate from 9 to 8
– Since the unvaulting, the Drum Gun has outperformed in unintended areas. This adjustment should help create more counterplay in combat.
Heavy Assault Rifle
• Increased damage from 36/38/40 to 38/40/42
– The Heavy Assault Rifle usage rates aren’t quite where we’d like. This adjustment to Damage is intended to offset some of the downsides of the weapon.
• Increased the material count from 200 of each to 350 of each
• Increased the total number of Llamas per match from 3 to 5