If you have been waiting to try out a new Xbox Live multiplayer experience on your Xbox One for free, we have some good news.
Wargaming has released their latest online experience onto the Microsoft Store, with fans now able to play World of Warships: Legends.
If you know about the studio’s earlier titles, you can probably guess that WOWs Legends is based around large scale Naval combat.
And while it might not prove popular with everyone, Xbox Live Gold subscribers don’t have much to lose in trying it out.
If you have a multiplayer Gold subscription, you can download World of Warships: Legends for no extra charge.
It has an age rating of 13+, and the only downside is that it comes with a hefty download size.
Gamers will need to find 44GB of space on their Xbox One hard drive, not so easy if you have an original 500GB console.
DOWNLOAD WORLD OF WARSHIPS LEGENDS FREE
For those wanting to know more about World of Warships, the game is based around naval combat, usually focused on World War I and World War II era warships.
Here’s more information from Wargaming, who explain: “We pit destroyers, cruisers, and battleships between two teams in hard-fought battles, where players can face either AI opponents or each other. All classes have uniquely distinctive advantages and can suit different play styles.
“Destroyers favour swift action, stealthy torpedo attacks, and agile movement to minimize the impact of other classes’ often superior guns. Cruisers are a jack-of-all-trades class in World of Warships: Legends, offering a balance between manoeuvrability, armour, and firepower. Finally, battleships, the metal behemoths of sea battles, inflict the most destruction in a single salvo and offer the best protection against enemy fire, while sacrificing mobility.
“Before battle, you’ll want to kit-out your ships with various modifications, upgrades, boosters, and camouflage to further improve their combat proficiency. As an example, if you have multiple bonus credit earnings from boosters and premium time, and the values are 20% and 50%, the sum total of additional credits earned per battle would be 70%.
“Each warship needs a commander, and we have quite a roster available to stand at the helm of your fleet. Names like William Halsey (United States), Togo Heihachiro (Japan), and Bruce Fraser (United Kingdom) are but a few among many others! You will put their powerful skills to good use in battle and create potent ship-commander combinations to deal with battle tasks at hand.”
If Naval combat isn’t your thing, then Xbox Live Gold gamers can also try out a few other options this weekend. The Microsoft Store currently lists around 70 free games that can be downloaded on Xbox One.
A popular and recent addition is Apex Legends, a Battle Royale experience based in the Titanfall universe.
And it won’t be long before Microsoft announces their Games with Gold lineup for May 2019.
This news could drop next week; however, it seems more likely that the tech giant will wait until just before April ends.
This is the kind of schedule Microsoft has been keeping in 2019, and there’s nothing to suggest they will be changing it soon.
Right now, Gold subscribers can download The Technomancer and Outcast – Second Contact for free on Xbox One.
Since the start of the month, Star Wars Battlefront II for the original Xbox has been replaced with Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2.
So far, there have been no leaks suggesting what could be coming next as part of Games with Gold. Fans will have to keep an eye on the Microsoft social feeds to find out more on the next Xbox One free games.