Yesterday, Piers Morgan, 53, shared a selfie from hospital ensuring fans he “wasn’t dying” but failed to elaborate on his mystery visit. Today, he responded to Twitter users who asked him what was wrong with him. One user asked him: “Yeah? So what’s up with you?” Piers replied: “If you really want to know, I was diagnosed with stomach gastritis and duodenitis.

“I blame eating a mouthful of vegan sausage roll, Brexit & Donald Trump.”

He told another Twitter user: “ [I] had a gastroscopy but fortunately, I can’t remember a damn thing about it. Sedatives are my new best friend.”

He also wrote: “Monday, 6.40am: I eat one mouthful of vegan sausage roll.

“Friday, 11am: hospitalised for gastroscopy on inflamed, exploding innards. I’m doing the maths.”

Another user asked him why he needed to use sedatives, to which he responded: “I’m told 70% of people who have a gastroscopy opt for a sedative, and the other 30% later wish they had… once they’ve recovered from violent retching & gagging.”

Piers went on to hit out at rugby star Will Carling who accused him of having “a cold”.

In view of his 163,000 followers, Will commented: “Did make me smile that the Hero @piersmorgan who is always telling people to ‘man up’ and that ‘second is first loser’ – because he is a real winner.

“Took himself to a hospital, and after extensive tests, they found he had……….a cold!!! [crying with laughter emojis].

Piers responded: “It’s not a cold, Mr Carling, and nor am I whining about it – but many thanks for your touching concern.”

Another Twitter user wrote: “Hope you are using a private hospital and not using the NHS resources.”

Piers replied: “I am, yes.

“Though as a big (non-avoiding…) taxpayer in the UK, I would be perfectly entitled to use the NHS if I so wished. Or do you think otherwise?”

The presenter also confirmed he will be back on Good Morning Britain on Monday.

One fan asked him: “@piersmorgan hope you are feeling well. See you Monday morning?”

He replied: “I’ll be there, don’t worry. I don’t pull sickies.”

Yesterday, Piers shared a selfie from his bed at Bupa Cromwell Hospital.

In view of his 361,000 followers, he wrote: “Bad news: I’m not dying.

“I can only apologise for all the distress I know this will cause some people.”

Good Morning Britain airs weekdays on ITV from 6am.



Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here