Tensions are running high after the attack with the US and Gulf Arab states also being blamed by furious official in Tehran.
The British chargé d’affaires was called in along with the ambassadors of the Netherlands and Denmark after the atrocity which saw four gunmen open fire on spectators at a parade in the in the southern city of Ahvaz.
Members of Iran’s elite Revolutionary Guards and soldiers from the country’s army, as well as civilians including children, were among the victims.
Foreign Ministry spokesman Bahram Qassemi said the British charge d’affaires, along with the Dutch and Danish ambassadors, were “informed of Iran’s strong protests over their respective countries’ hosting of some members of the terrorist group” which carried out the attack.
The al-Ahvaziya terror group, whose members are believed to be scattered across several European countries, claimed responsibility for the attack.
Mr Qassemi said Iran expected the Netherlands and Denmark to extradite the “criminal perpetrators of the terrorist act in Ahvaz”.
He said: “It was reiterated to the ambassadors of the Netherlands and Denmark that the Islamic Republic of Iran had earlier warned about the residence of these individuals in these countries and has called for their arrest and prosecution.
“The ambassadors of the two countries declared that their governments were ready to share any information with regards to the terrorists and their records.”
Mr Qassemi said Iranian authorities had also passed a strong note of protest to the chargé d’affaires of the British embassy in Tehran about an interview broadcast by a UK-based TV channel after the attack in Ahvaz in which the spokesman of the al-Ahvaziya had condoned the terrorist act.
He said the British diplomat had condemned the attack and said he would relay Tehran’s message of protest to the authorities in London.
Armed forces spokesman Brigadier General Abolfazl Shekarchi said three of the terrorists involved in yesterday’s attacks were shot dead at the scene while a fourth was arrested and later died from his injuries.
Iran declared Monday to be a day of national mourning in which a funeral ceremony will be held for the victims of the attack.
More than 60 people were wounded in the shooting and authorities said the death toll could rise as some of the victims remained in critical condition.
President Hassan Rouhani said Iran was ready to confront the US and its Gulf Arab allies over the attack.
Speaking before leaving Tehran to attend the annual UN General Assembly in New York, Mr Rouhani accused US-backed Gulf Arab states of providing financial and military support for anti-government ethnic Arab groups in Iran.
He said: “America is acting like a bully towards the rest of the world and thinks it can act based on brute force.”