Players have been forced to use the PUBG Xbox One test servers for most of today.
That’s because Bluehole Inc. has kept the game’s main servers offline so they could launch a new Battlegrounds update.
And not just any old update, but the PUBG 1.0 patch that would bring all kinds of new content to the game.
As the name suggests, the PUBG 1.0 update brings the game out of early access and into its first official launch build.
New patch notes have been provided by Bluehole Inc, who have looked to improve the game in a lot of areas.
This also includes bringing the game closer to the PC version, as well as releasing the new Sanhok map on Xbox One.
“The official PUBG 1.0 launch brings more quality of life and optimization improvements, in addition to tons of new content for everyone to enjoy. Our third map-Sanhok, achievements, Event Pass, and much more are being implemented to the game as you wait for live servers to come back up.”
You check out the patch notes below to get a deeper dive into what’s coming with 1.0 before you jump in and explore.
NEW MAP SANHOK
Sanhok is 4km x 4km map (one fourth the size of Erangel or Miramar). Although games tend to end a little more quickly on this tiny island, battles are still massive. Every game still features 100 players.
Certain settings have been customized specifically for Sanhok to better fit its unique design. Details are below.
- Faraway players and vehicles aren’t rendered the same way on Sanhok, resulting in some server performance improvements.
- Weather in Sanhok changes dynamically.
- Players can throw apples while waiting to board the plane in the in-game lobby.
- The redzone is smaller and shorter-lasting on Sanhok.
- The center of the redzone appears outside of the playzone (the white circle). This means players are more at risk when outside of the playzone.
- Bluezone on Sanhok has shorter waiting times and longer travel times.
- The bluezone is also dynamic. It checks remaining player numbers before deciding the next circle, adjusting the waiting time and travel time accordingly (this doesn’t affect circle size).
- The item spawn rules have been customized on Sanhok to get you equipped for battle faster.
- ARs, SMGs, and DMRs are spawned more often.
- 8x scopes and 15x scopes don’t spawn on Sanhok. However, they may still be obtained from care packages.
- Everyone will receive 20 apples in the in-game lobby which can be thrown around freely. Practice your throwing skills while you wait for the game to be started.
NEW WEAPONS AND VEHICLES
- QBZ: The QBZ is an AR that uses 5.56mm rounds. It can hold 30 rounds per magazine, and can be extended to 40 rounds.
- QBU: The QBU is a new, Sanhok-exclusive DMR with a standard magazine of 10 rounds of 5.56mm ammo, which can be increased to 20 with an extended magazine.
- There is bipod attached to QBU—it will greatly reduce recoil when you shoot while prone.
Weapon Skin System
- Players can select skins for each weapon
- Weapon skin system UI
- You can check details about the equipped skin using VIEW MORE button
- How to equip weapon skins
- You can use WEAPONS section in CUSTOMIZATION menu to equip the skin of your choice
- The ways to acquire weapon skins
- You can acquire weapon skins through “Raider crate” in STORE > CRATES.
- The Rony is a new pickup truck that can only be found on Sanhok (from the automaker that brought you the Mirado)!
- This truck holds up to 4 passengers and excels at moving across Sanhok’s hilly landscapes.
- The Rony is one of the larger vehicles on Sanhok, so it can be used for cover as well as transportation.
War Mode / Custom Match – COMING LATER IN SEPTEMBER
For a smooth and healthy matchmaking times for our new contents/features, we’ve decided push each of them live with a time gap (Sanhok → War Mode → Custom Match). This is to let everyone enjoy and delve into each content with time. Also, it’s to let each contents have enough attention from our players, so players won’t be divided having a long matchmaking time for each content.