Rafael Nadal is currently sidelined with a leg injury which forced him to withdraw from the Australian Open last month.
The 31-year-old swerved the Davis Cup in order to get himself in top shape for the upcoming clay-court season.
And his uncle and former coach Toni Nadal has admitted he expects the world No 1 to be available for the Mexican Open in Acapulco on February 26.
“Yes, I think so, I think that next week you can start training,” he told Spanish broadcaster Television Espanola.
“There’s time for Acapulco, he has time to be ready.”
Nadal had an MRI scan following his match with Marin Cilic in Australia and it proved he had not sustained a serious injury.
And speaking at the launch of a specialised tennis clinic in Madrid this week, he admitted he was aiming to return in Acapulco.
“It’s a small injury that needs time and rest and recovery, and that’s what we’re doing,” Nadal said.
“For the moment my schedule is the same and I think I’ll be able to travel to Mexico to play at Acapulco.”
Nadal has twice won the Acapulco ATP tournament, in 2005 and 2013.
However, the event switched from clay to a hard-court surface in 2014 and the Spaniard has not lifted the title since.