Emre Can (left) could leave Liverpool for Juventus
TRANSFER NEWS LIVE: Manchester United, Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool updates PLUS latest from around Europe
Tuesday January 2
Jesus injury latest
22:29: Gabriel Jesus has been ruled out for up to six weeks, which could further Manchester City’s need to sign Alexis Sanchez.
Express Sport understands Pep Guardiola is considering a move for Sanchez after Jesus was hurt last weekend.
And the Brazilian could be a risk for City’s first Champions League knockout clash of the spring.
“He will be out for between four to six weeks, or a little bit longer, but hopefully as soon as possible,” Guardiola said.
Can to Juventus
20:57: Juventus manager Max Allegri insists he is not looking to sign Liverpool’s Emre Can in January.
Asked about signing Can this month, Allegri said: “We have 21-22 players and the core is of quality.
“I have not asked for any reinforcements because then we will have too many and I’ll have too much chaos to think about.
“I’m happy with this team, the important thing is not to lower the tempo.”
However, the Serie A champions are still expected to agree to a pre-contract with Can this month ahead of a free transfer at the end of the season.
Real Madrid transfer blow
20:00: Wolves are set to sign Valencia striker Rafa Mir after outbidding Real Madrid.
Real supposedly offered £444,000 for the 20-year-old.
But Wolves have tabled a £1.5m bid for the forward, who hasn’t played for Valencia this season after snubbing a new contract.
Wolves are managed by Valencia’s former manager Nuno Espiritu Santo.
Giorgio Chiellini and Antonio Conte have a good relationship from Juventus and the Italy team
Sneaky Liverpool Sanchez bid
19:40: Liverpool should look to replace Philippe Coutinho with a ‘sneaky’ £40million bid for Arsenal star Alexis Sanchez, according to John Aldridge.
“Liverpool made a real statement of intent when they paid £75m to sign Virgil van Dijk,” Aldridge told the Irish Independent.
“And now they should put in a sneaky £40m offer to try and get Alexis Sanchez out of Arsenal.
“The absence of Philippe Coutinho from the Liverpool team yesterday fuelled rumours that he may be on his way to Barcelona sooner than we expected.
“But that would not be so much of a concern if they could nick a player like Sanchez.
“If Liverpool could grab Sanchez now, it would be a major coup and then Liverpool fans would not be too concerned if Coutinho left for Barcelona.”
Philippe Coutinho timeline
19:13: Barcelona have been chasing Philippe Coutinho for TWO YEARS.
The club were first mooted with a swoop for the Liverpool star towards the end of the 2015/16 season.
They have had three bids rejected for Coutinho, who has also previously gone on strike to try and force a transfer.
Here, we look at the timeline of events that have led Barcelona to within days of the Liverpool playmaker.
Chelsea favourites to sign Chiellini
18:00: Chelsea are favourites to sign Juventus defender Giorgio Chiellini in January, according to bookmakers BetStars.
Chelsea have been linked with defensive reinforcements in January amid the uncertainty surrounding David Luiz’s future at Stamford Bridge.
The Brazil international has been tipped to leave the Blues after falling out of favour with Antonio Conte in recent months, and according to bookmakers BetStars, Juventus centre-half Giorgio Chiellini could be in the frame to replace him.
“Juventus’ long-serving defender Giorgio Chiellini has been heavily linked with a reunion with his former manager Antonio Conte at Stamford Bridge in January,” BetStars Director of Trading Ian Marmion said.
“The 33-year-old has won six consecutive Serie A titles with the Old Lady, including three under Conte’s leadership, but a move to the Premier League could be on the cards, and is priced at 5/2 with BetStars to join the Blues.”
Swansea eye Sakho
17:45: Swansea may be looking to West Ham’s Diafra Sakho as part of their strategy to bring in out-of-favour players who are looking for more play time ahead of the World Cup, according to the Guardian.
But any potential move by Sakho, who has not yet made the starting XI for the Hammers this season, may rely on any possible agreement by Swansea to lose Alfie Mawson and Ki Sung-yueng, who are said to be on West Ham’s radar.
Darmian going nowhere!
17:30: Matteo Damian’s agent insists the Manchester United defender is NOT for sale.
Damian’s future at Old Trafford is in doubt, with Jose Mourinho seemingly unconvinced by the Italian.
A move back to Serie A has been proposed, with Juventus, Roma and Napoli all linked to the ex-Torino star.
But agent Tullio Tinti says the 28-year-old is staying in Manchester. “I haven’t had any calls from Roma for the player,” Tullio Tinti told Rete Sport.
“There has been contact with other Serie A teams, but not with the Giallorossi. For the moment the lad isn’t for sale.”
Dembele to Brighton
17:15: Speculation linking Moussa Dembele to Brighton appears to be growing – but the club are keen to know his level of interest in any potential move before making an offer, the Daily Mail says.
It comes as several other Premier League teams also seem keen on targeting the Celtic star, including Stoke, West Ham and Southampton.
Liverpool Transfer News: Philippe Coutinho has reportedly gone on strike at Anfield
Ronaldo wants Man Utd or Chelsea move
17:00: Cristiano Ronaldo wants to leave Real Madrid for Manchester United or Chelsea.
That’s according to Spanish website Diario Gol, who say the 32-year-old is desperate to return to England.
United and Chelsea are supposedly tracking him, as well as PSG.
But Ronaldo would snub the Ligue 1 giants in order to return to England, where he spent six years between 2003 and 2009.
Huddersfield transfer news
16:45: Huddersfield Town have signed Monaco defender Terence Kongolo on loan.
Kongolo only joined Monaco from Dutch champions Feyenoord in the summer.
The full-back was one of Feyenoord’s top performers in their charge to the Dutch title.
But he has been fielded out on loan after failing to break into the Monaco first team.
“Terence is a top player who we’ve followed from his time at Feyenoord,” said Huddersfield boss David Wagner.
“His big summer move to Monaco put him out of our reach at the time, but we’re delighted we can bring him in on loan now.”
Coutinho causing Barcelona war
16:30: Barcelona captain Andres Iniesta could reportedly quit the Nou Camp if Liverpool playmaker Philippe Coutinho joins this week.
Barcelona are hellbent on securing Coutinho’s signature and any Liverpool transfer deal would likely force Iniesta down the pecking order.
And with the 2018 World Cup on the horizon, Spanish website Diario Gol say Iniesta could depart in order to boost his chances of making the Spain squad.
The report claims Iniesta fears missing out on one last crack at glory, and he has reportedly told Barcelona he will leave the Nou Camp should Coutinho arrive.
Messi thinks Man Utd will lose out on Dybala
16:15: Barcelona star Lionel Messi thinks Juventus hitman Paulo Dybala could join Real Madrid instead of Manchester United.
Reports last month claimed United were determined to sign him, with Romelu Lukaku’s injury now possibly forcing their hand.
Yet Spanish outlet Don Balon claim Messi thinks the striker could be destined to join Real instead with Zinedine Zidane’s side likely to overhaul their attack at the end of the season.
Chelsea’s Eden Hazard, Atletico Madrid’s Antoine Griezmann and Inter Milan’s Mauro Icardi have all emerged as targets.
But Don Balon say Messi reckons Real really want Dybala.
Benitez still keen on Kenedy
16:00: Newcastle are ready to launch a January swoop for versatile Chelsea star Kenedy, reports claim.
Newcastle pursued the Brazilian talent, 21, last summer but couldn’t reach an agreement with the Premier League champions.
Now, as Rafa Benitez’s side look for reinforcements to steer them away from the relegation zone, Kenedy is back on their radar.
It’s believed the Toon are trying to secure a six-month loan deal but Antonio Conte’s recent claims that it would be impossible” for Chelsea to sell or loan any of their first-team squad could scupper the deal.
Wenger responds to Luiz & Lemar speculation
16:00: Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger says there is no truth to speculation linking David Luiz and Thomas Lemar with a move to the Emirates.
Express Sport understands Luiz is a transfer target for Arsenal as Wenger looks to strengthen his backline.
Wenger was also asked about transfer rumours surrounding Monaco’s Lemar, who they attempted to sign in the summer.
The Gunners wanted to buy Lemar after agreeing to sell Alexis Sanchez to Manchester City but the deal collapsed late on.
But after being asked about Arsenal’s January transfer plans, Wenger played down the likelihood of Luiz and Lemar joining the club.
Wenger said: “I don’t want to speak about any names, but these reports are wrong.”