Soon to be followed by the likes of Fallout 4 and Skyrim, Fortnite’s latest patch will include upgrades for Microsoft’s latest console.
This new Fortnite Battle Royale update is being released onto game servers Wednesday, November 29, and will also include new content for each platform.
Fans will soon have access to a new non-lethal weapon – the Smoke Grenade.
Like other grenades featured in-game, the Smoke variant is thrown like a frag but obscures vision with a white smoke.
This grenade can be found in all container types, and can spawn randomly as floor loot.
The other big changes will be made to the Battle Royale leaderboards, which will now include two different score ranks.
The Global Wins leaderboard will be spotlighting the top 50 players for the selected match type, measured by wins.
The Score leaderboard will, meanwhile, will be measured by the amount of total experience gained.
Epic Games haven’t confirmed what time the new patch will be going live, although an update on that subject is expected later today.
Fortnite’s original mode – Save the World – is also getting some love, with two new weapons being added to the available list.
Vindertech Weapons – Secure victory with Vindertech! Harness the power of nine, all new weapons available during this Mutant Storms season.
Mutant Storms Return – Mutant storms are back! Stormchasers can earn storm tickets as they fight back hordes of mutated husks. Squad up, survive, and loot!
The full Fortnite Battle Royale patch notes can be found below:
Per Playlist Loot
- Duo Playlist: Medium Ammo stack increased from 10 to14.
- Squad Playlist: Medium Ammo stack increased from 10 to 18.
- These changes now apply to medium ammo stacks that are found outside of crates and ammo cans.
- The original Rocket Launcher has replaced the Pumpkin Launcher.
- Due to overwhelming popular demand, we have modified the normal Rocket Launcher to support rocket riding.
- The “Outlive” Daily Challenge will no longer count members of your own team.
- Players no longer take fall damage when jumping onto a Launch Pad from high elevations.
- Fixed an issue which caused the incorrect animation to play when bouncing on consecutive Launch Pads.
- Fixed the firing and reloading animations for the new Silenced SMG.
- Fixed an issue which caused players to take fall damage when getting knocked out of skydive mode (after using a Launch Pad).
- Fixed an incorrect animation that would play when being eliminated while using a Launch Pad.
- Players will now receive a pop-up confirmation before leaving a match if they accept an invite from a teammate that left the same match.
- Updated “Gamepad” to “Wireless Controller” and “Controller” in the menus.
- Daily challenges no longer automatically collect when accepting an invite.
- Fixed a few localization issues in the Season Shop.
- Rich presence is now properly localized in all languages on all platforms.
- Changing an item in your locker while servers are down will no longer soft-lock the game client.
- Fixed an issue which prevented players from navigating the locker tab after they canceled a submenu.
- Environmental bush locations have been changed across the world.
- Bushes will no longer be in different locations on different platforms.
- Reduced hitching by pre-loading additional assets during the loading screen instead of mid-game.
- The “Invite” button on the “Party Finder” may only be pressed once per 2 seconds to prevent accidental friend invite spam.